Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We had ours done about a month ago - but they are having trouble getting the batteries
They are being reasonable and have not charged us for them until they can fit them

Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of batteries?

Buck

Guru
They are definitely in limited supply.

Our order for a GivEnergy 9.5kWh “should” be installed at the same time as the panels in October/November

I was told yesterday that if I wanted a Tesla Powerwall we would be looking at middle of 2023!

We were told 'hopefully by the end of August"
the current tale (probably true) that they are starting to get some through now but not as many as expected
but they are installing them in the order that they installed the panels - which is fair

apparently anoth container is due about now - but they don;t know exactly how many are on it - or more likely how many are allocated to them

Buck

Guru
I agree. Seems a fair way of allocating stock.

I am sure stock will improve but they are dealing with the backlog and increased demand so it’s a tough supply situation.

I’m half expecting my battery install to be delayed but we will see…

D

Deleted member 26715

Yes lots of people, some people are holding out to get the batteries they ordered, others are accepting whatever their supplier can get them, we were quoted a 5.3kWh (I think) but they fitted a 6.2kWh one as the container with the 6.2's arrived before the 5.3's.

Our system was installed last Monday, still not up & running correctly as there is an issue with one of the units, however for those that have a system installed we have a unit in the cupboard with a LED screen & a occasional red flashing LED, what does the flash indicate?

IMG_20220827_102924_027.jpg

Buck

Guru
Thats your generation meter that will show whether you are importing from the grid or exporting to the grid and if so how many kWh. That’ll show on the LED display.

Did the installer not leave any documentation?

I would think that the LED flashing is just a confirmation of connection But it may flash different colours depending upon import or export.

D

Deleted member 26715

Thats your generation meter that will show whether you are importing from the grid or exporting to the grid and if so how many kWh. That’ll show on the LED display.

Did the installer not leave any documentation?

I would think that the LED flashing is just a confirmation of connection But it may flash different colours depending upon import or export.

The install is not complete, the Growatt charger has an error on it, it's not one he had seen before & was seeking technical support from them, also I was not here when this was discovered, so I'm expecting them back, but as I have their equipment & they do not have my money at present I'm not in any rush.

The light is off most of the time during the day, if I put the kettle on it flashes at a rate, but then late in the evening it's on full time, so I'm hazarding a guess that when it's off we're producing enough for our basic needs, when it flashes we've pulled some form of unit from the grid & when it's lit all the time we're using grid only.

Buck

Guru
^that’s most likely.

Yes lots of people, some people are holding out to get the batteries they ordered, others are accepting whatever their supplier can get them, we were quoted a 5.3kWh (I think) but they fitted a 6.2kWh one as the container with the 6.2's arrived before the 5.3's.

Our system was installed last Monday, still not up & running correctly as there is an issue with one of the units, however for those that have a system installed we have a unit in the cupboard with a LED screen & a occasional red flashing LED, what does the flash indicate?

View attachment 658853
Can’t find anything in my papers but this from the web:

“There will be a red flashing light on your solar PV meter, this indicates the solar panels are generating electricity. The faster the light flashes, the more electricity is being generated.
If the red light is permanently on, this can mean the PV panels are not generating enough to register on the meter. This can happen for several days in winter when there is heavy cloud cover”.

Alex321

Veteran
We had ours done about a month ago - but they are having trouble getting the batteries
They are being reasonable and have not charged us for them until they can fit them

Very much so.

Ours has still not been delivered/installed, and it was ordered with the system, installed in February.

As with yours, we have not paid for the battery yet either

D

Deleted member 26715

Still waiting on quotes coming back …. I think business must be busy and don’t need anymore work ?
That & there is no stock with no end in sight of it getting better, so maybe they are concentrating on what they have.

Buck

Guru
True. May have missed the boat

Our whole system has been delayed but our view is that it’ll be worth the wait as energy prices are very 8nlikely to decrease and may continue to rise beyond the current projections.

i would keep pushing - the queue is likely to keep getting longer!

Top Bottom