Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
I really wish the Solar edge app would report the amount generated each day, rather than listing "system production" which doesn't count anything going in to the battery, but only counts it when used.

We have been out almost all day, it is showing only 1.71 kWh, but the battery started at 5% and is now on 62%, so that is about another 8.5kWh

D

Deleted member 26715

I suppose it depends on the App, I understand there are some 3rd party ones, whether they work with Solar Edge not sure, this is the Growatt one, you can add or remove each of the elements to view them individually

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 07.37.19.png

Alex321

Veteran
I suppose it depends on the App, I understand there are some 3rd party ones, whether they work with Solar Edge not sure, this is the Growatt one, you can add or remove each of the elements to view them individually

View attachment 669159

That is quite similar to how ours reported it before we had the battery. With the battery, it now shows "system production" as being the total of self-consumption, export to grid, and consumption from battery.

It classes the battery as part of the "system", and only counts it as production when it leaves the "system" either through consumption or export.

kipster

Guru
4.2kWh here, pretty grey and miserable all day. Wrecked a tyre on a ride and had to get the wife to come and collect me from the middle of nowhere. Was cold through but kept the heating on the lowish setting.

chris-suffolk

Loads of folks reporting north of 10kw for days in Nov. What size systems are you running, as I've only managed over 10kw four times this month and typically less than 5kw? Only 118kw for the month to date, which is 4.5kw per day on average.

Alex321

Veteran
Loads of folks reporting north of 10kw for days in Nov. What size systems are you running, as I've only managed over 10kw four times this month and typically less than 5kw? Only 118kw for the month to date, which is 4.5kw per day on average.

Mine is nominally a 10.14kW system. Which is pretty large for a domestic installation, but we asked them to cover the whole of the rear roof of both house and and garage. We wanted it as future proof as possible.

We have had 9 days in November with over 10kWh. And 201.8kWh for the month so far (so an average of 7.76kWh per day)

kipster

Guru
Mine is a 7kw array, pointing SSE i've had 4 days over 10kWh in November, with a few more close @ 9.6 or 9.7.

For the month so far 200.8kWh

D

Deleted member 26715

4.8kW array, managed this month 104kWh, 4kWh per day average so not too bad.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
3.2kwh array and so far 99.6kwh for the month….in not so sunny south wales
average of 3.685kwh

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jowwy

We maxed out at 3.6kwh today, was quite a grey, wet start to the morning…so not bad really

OP
OP
J

jowwy

When one cloud ruins what could have been a good solar production and export day :sad:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

7kwh in the end and probably exported 5 of that, but octopus will tell me tmrw

Top Bottom