Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
For you guys who have had solar for a year or more - how are you finding it delivering versus the forecasts ?
My survey reckons on 3770 kWh from 12 panels but I believe they err on the low side ?

how big is the whole system?? ive read somewhere that its around 1000kwh per kw of panels

Alex321

Veteran
For you guys who have had solar for a year or more - how are you finding it delivering versus the forecasts ?
My survey reckons on 3770 kWh from 12 panels but I believe they err on the low side ?

Yes. Mine estimated 9,369.36 kWh/annum. It was installed mid February, and has so far generated 9.66 mWh (about 9,600,000 kWh), with two months to go.

Ok, those two months will be the lowest of the year, but we are already above the estimate, and I think will finish up at about 10mWh by mid Feb 2023.

Alex321

Veteran
how big is the whole system?? ive read somewhere that its around 1000kwh per kw of panels

That is I think the best possible, if you have the perfect direction and angle of roof, while most installations are a bit less than that.

Though having said that, it looks like ours is going to come very close to 10mWh on a 10.14kW system. Ours must be close to perfect :smile:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

That is I think the best possible, if you have the perfect direction and angle of roof, while most installations are a bit less than that.

Though having said that, it looks like ours is going to come very close to 10mWh on a 10.14kW system. Ours must be close to perfect :smile:

well my system is currently producing an average of 1.10kwh/kw.....which would make it above perfect if it keeps running this way for a year.

but time will tell..

OP
OP
J

jowwy

10.2kwh today from a 3.2 system….happy with that in december. We probably exported around 8kwhs

JB052

2.4 kWh today, nice and sunny here today, but panels still hibernating under a blanket of frozen snow!

chris-suffolk

10.5kwh today, no idea what I used vs exported, but doesn't worry me as they pay anyway!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Looks like another clear sunny day today.....might hit the double again, lets see

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Hoping for this again today, a lovely smooth solar production curve

Untitled.jpg

OP
OP
J

jowwy