Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JB052

Looks like snow covered PV panels are affective at stopping any stray photons, a paltry 0.1kWh today

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Only a 1kwh today….hoping for better over the next four days, supposed to be cold, but sunny

Hebe

getting better all the time
1.82kwh from the panels today, plus the battery made it up to 11% (albeit briefly).

t_rifles

1.82kwh from the panels today, plus the battery made it up to 11% (albeit briefly).
Do you charge the battery overnight from the grid?

Hebe

Do you charge the battery overnight from the grid?

Not at the moment, we’re half way through a two year fix with the same unit price all day/night. The battery charges from the solar panels during the daywith anything left over from running the house. We’ll probably switch to a tariff with cheaper overnight tariffs next autumn though so we’ll get the option to charge battery and/or car overnight.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What was a sunny start to the day, turned in to grey, cold cloud…..2.7kwh

Hebe

Very bright here with no cloud forecast so should hopefully get a full charge on the battery for the first time in a few days.

For you guys who have had solar for a year or more - how are you finding it delivering versus the forecasts ?
My survey reckons on 3770 kWh from 12 panels but I believe they err on the low side ?

Top Bottom