SOLD: Boardman Adventure 8.9 (medium)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
I took delivery of the Orbea Gain this week, (see this thread) https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/orbea-gain.229793/post-5553863 so I have this excellent Boardman for sale.

This is the bike https://www.boardmanbikes.com/gb_en/products/2138-adv-8.9.html

I purchased this super bike new on 02 may 2018 (so 10 months old)

Bike is a medium (boardman size MD 53 170 - 180 cms (5'5" to 5'9")

As befits a rider of mature' years the bike has had a easy life, no crashes, never been 'down' and not ridden up kerbs etc.

Total mileage ridden is 1113 mi (1791 km) Low mileage because I have other bike(s) all my rides are logged on Garmin Connect. This mileage is nothing to a well maintained bike !

Bike had a professional service on 17th jan (£50.00) at Arthur Caygills, (Richmond)
New chain was fitted on 30 oct 2018 at 836 miles.
Original purchase invoice, service invoice and chain purchase invoice are available.

The bike is in beautiful condition, I am that 'sad person' who enjoys cleaning and maintaining his bikes. Paint work is 'as new' and you will have to look hard to see any minor signs of use. I have tried to show the condition in my photographs, for more/bigger photographs contact me and I will show you more pictures.

The bike is classed as an 'Adventure' bike by Boardman. Certainly not the fastest thing on the road but a great 'all rounder' I have used it as a 'road bike' and the Schwalbe G-One speed, 700x38mm tyres are superb on our broken, potholed roads.
Once you have ridden a tyre like this you will never want to go back to 'skinny' 23/25/28cc tyres. You may assume these tyres are heavy and slow ? no way, they roll beautifully.

The latest incarnation of the Shimano Tiagra groupset is great, difficult to tell from the Shimano 105 (I have this on another bike) Tiagra has 20 gears (105 has 22) and Tiagra is a little heavier (we are talking a couple of hundred grams !)

I had quality SKS full mudguards professionally fitted from new. This is an 'all season bike'. Change the tyres to something with more tread and you have a great 'Gravel bike'
Upgraded quality saddle is the Prologo Kappa.

The bike was only released in 2018 and is still current. £1,000.00 at Halfords.

Bike can be viewed, we are near Richmond, North Yorkshire.
I have a bike rack and am prepared to travel a reasonable distance to meet a serious buyer. I will only meet in daylight in public places. If you are south of us I would suggest Wetherby services on the A1M.

If this is a bike that interests you I promise you will not be disappointed by the condition.

Price: £625.00

Bike is advertised elsewhere.

i-t2xxJ29-L.jpg

i-PMfkWQZ-L.jpg

i-ksw39P2-L.jpg

i-vF6cPpQ-L.jpg

i-5T9TKL7-L.jpg

i-2fw7jTq-L.jpg

i-CnX36gD-L.jpg

Top Bottom