SOLD: Cannondale CAAD10 105, size 56..£600

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I tried a CAAD12 for size at LBS and a 54 frame leaves enough clearance stand over height and has plenty of adjustment to set up but a 56 was a tad close to the nads stand over. My Genesis is a 56 so it looks like they come up big. Real shame because I live the cannondale lime green and looked at the CAAD12 dura ace because I didn't like the 105 black
That's an odd way of sizing a road bike! I doubted that I have any 'nad clearance' at all on my road bikes, which fit me perfectly. I just checked and sure enough, I do make contact with the top tube when standing astride either bike. Only just, so not enough to cause problems.

I have never had any painful nad-to-top-tube problems in 20 years of riding those bikes. Mountain biking is a different matter - I have about 10 cm of nad clearance on my MTB but have landed on the top tube a few times after panic dismounts.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
That's an odd way of sizing a road bike! I doubted that I have any 'nad clearance' at all on my road bikes, which fit me perfectly. I just checked and sure enough, I do make contact with the top tube when standing astride either bike. Only just, so not enough to cause problems.

I have never had any painful nad-to-top-tube problems in 20 years of riding those bikes. Mountain biking is a different matter - I have about 10 cm of nad clearance on my MTB but have landed on the top tube a few times after panic dismounts.

I employ a nad strap for MTBing.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Vinyl-Strap-Gonad-Shield/dp/B00AOC9OHY

To nad or not to nad that is the question

OP
OP
oiljam

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I tried a CAAD12 for size at LBS and a 54 frame leaves enough clearance stand over height and has plenty of adjustment to set up but a 56 was a tad close to the nads stand over. My Genesis is a 56 so it looks like they come up big. Real shame because I live the cannondale lime green and looked at the CAAD12 dura ace because I didn't like the 105 black

Where about are you? There's much chatter about the size of this bike, maybe we should meet for you to have a look at it...

......it could be yours for the upcoming nice weekend ;-)

I'm in Paris st moment so missing the nice weekend, back on Monday and off to Latvia Wednesday so not possible this week in afraid. Thanks for the offer though. I'm based in Lancaster but originally from Bradfordcsnd lived in Wakefield a short time too

OP
OP
oiljam

oiljam

Active...ish Member
Reduced to £600. I'm gutted I can no longer ride my bikes.

OP
OP
oiljam

oiljam

Active...ish Member
I have owned this bike from new and it is registered on BikeRegister, I would therefore transfer all details and ownership on sale. I bought it new in 2013 but it hasn't been used for the last 2 years, just been sat in a spare bedroom. Someone should enjoy this bike again, I perhaps did 500 dry miles on it.

Top Bottom