[sold] Carrera Subway 1 hybrid bike - 18" frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Price £80

I am selling the above bike that I've owned for 18 months and bought off a fellow Cyclechatter (Cybernight). Note that the bike is around 4 years old. I will be sticking it on Fleabay shortly but am giving the option for a Cyclechatter to buy first.

It has been used for a combination of the odd commute and taking my daughter around in a child seat. I have covered about 2000 miles on it since I bought it. I've listed details below. Any questions please ask.

I'm based in Manchester and don't want to ship it.

The spec
-Frame is in pretty good condition with the odd mark from parking dings/cable rubs etc. Plenty of eyelets for panniers/mudguards/water bottles etc.
-Stock forks have been replaced with lighter aluminium mosso forks.
-V-brakes front & rear
-21 gears (7 at rear & 3 at the front) of the shimano grip shift type
-handlebars have bar ends
-26" double skinned alloy wheels

The good

Brand new Kenda tyres (26x 1.9 IIRC) and tubes taken off another new Subway bike I own
Bottom bracket replaced Feb11
Front chainring replaced Jan 11
Rear cassette Shimano HG50 12-28 replaced Jan 12
Gear cables May11
V-brakes replaced some time last year
New rear wheel replaced under warranty Jan 11

The bad
The chain was replaced in Jan12 (SRAM PC850) & last time I checked it was just less than 75% worn, so will need replacing shortly.
The seat is slightly lop sided - it is perfectly rideable (I noticed it a few months ago and have been riding it since-god knows how long it was like that) but if I was keeping it I would look to change it.

The ugly
I need to clean it! This will be done before pics taken and the bike is sold

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
fellow ebayer?
lol i wish i had kept it tbh , eneded up buying a rigid MTB as a replacement last year,i hope you got your monies worth out of it and if SWMBO i would buy it back but i think a divorce woud be more expensive :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom