SOLD: Dawes Galaxy AL 52cm, 24 speed - £150 - Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A 52cm Dawes Galaxy AL (aluminium) triple - with 3 x 8 Shimano Claris gearing and Dawes wheels.

Features are:
  • 6061 Aluminium frame, with steel fork. The frame has some minor wear marks and chips but otherwise is in good condition.
  • Shimano Claris (ST-2400) 8 speed / triple left gears - NEW left shifter
  • Dawes front/rear wheels with Continental GP4000S2 and Fuji front/rear tyres
  • Shimano Claris front derailleur, Shimano Acera rear derailleur
  • Truvativ 170mm crankset with 48/38/28 chainrings, some wear on the crankset and with flat pedals
  • New 8 speed KMC chain
  • 8 speed cassette 11-36
  • Tektro Oryx front/rear cantilever brakes
  • San Marco saddle
It's the same as this one here, although without a pannier rack: http://www.camdencycles.co.uk/our-b...bikes/dawes-galaxy-al/prod_1064.html?catId=79

I do have the Schwalbe Marathon tyres it came with; both used although one still has the centre line.

Asking £150 collected please.

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12.

DSC00185.JPG
DSC00186.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00190.JPG

DSC00191.JPG

What is the top tube length on this?
Could I interest you in a swap for my Wiggins Rouen?
I am on the look out for a more relaxed frame geometry that can take wider tyres with guards and this looks like it would fit the bill?

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@bikingdad90 - the top tube is 53.5cm centre-centre, 52cm tube length. This definitely would take wider tyres as it came with 35mm Schwalbe Marathon's.

In terms of a swap I'm down-sizing I'm afraid; I'm moving a couple of other bikes on to make space for my son's team bike that's arriving. I get his Cervelo S3 once it does.

It's also on eBay and I've a bid at the moment ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164949981751 ), but would prefer to sell to a CC'er.

Top Bottom