SOLD Garmin edge 800 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gareth01244

Veteran
I have for sale a Garmin 800 for sale, its coming up to one year old and has no marks or scratches on it as i always kept it in a silicone case. A great bit of kit that pretty much does everything from the usual bike computer stuff like distance and speed to full turn by turn navigation. I particularly like the ability to download strava gpx files to follow from other riders It come complete with a full set of unused accessories as i used the ones i had from my previous garmin, so the charger, cables, quarter turn mounts and bands are still in sealed bags.
Will put up some pics when i have a moment.
Looking for £105 delivered

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I'm interested. How does the turn by turn work as that's the main reason I'd buy it? I have a 520 Edge at the moment.

EDIT: Also, do you know if it will fit the 520 "out front" mount?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
It.works.like a car sat nav, you follow.the arrows on the display and when a turn is approaching it beeps to let you know, it also gives a warning beep if you go of course. you can input postcodes or as I do create routes on Garmin site or strava to follow.
To get the best out of the unit you need to either buy the official maps on an sd and or download free maps from various sites as the inbuilt maps are not to detailed.
Hope this helps

r04DiE

OK, thank you for that, do openstreetmaps work on it as they're what I use now, and do you know if it will fit my mount? I would like to see some pics when you get time but I am defo interested. Sounds fabulous.

Also, will it upload data and connect to my phone via bluetooth?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
Open Street maps is perfect for it, yes it will fit your 520 mounts as they are the same fitment, it comes with two mounts but doesn't have Bluetooth
Pics coming soon

r04DiE

Hmm, I have to say that it not having Bluetooth is a bit of a minus for me. I'm amazed it doesn't have it if its only a year old, I think my one is only about a year old. Look forward to pics.

crazyjoe101

810 has been out way over a year, 800 even longer. 800s are cracking units, you can see their specs on the Garmin website or by Googling "Garmin 800"

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
SOLD subject to collection on Friday.

r04DiE

Yeah, so was I. I'd have bought it yesterday and you'd have had the money in your account now but I've been sat here patiently waiting for you to upload the pictures like you promised.

Honestly, its a really poor show from you. Next time you're going to sell something on here, have the good grace to say that its listed elsewhere and don't leave people hanging on for details that you can't be bothered to post. Not happy.

OP
OP
gareth01244

gareth01244

Veteran
I'm sorry you're unhappy, I intended to upload images tonight when I returned home from work. the buyer saw my ad this morning, messaged me and as he lived around the corner from me he turned up tonight to buy. it was such short notice that I couldn't let him take it as it wasn't reset to factory and I had to go out. I realise that you had shown interest but nothing had been finalised sale wise. Apologies again

r04DiE

Yes, well the right and proper thing to have done would have been to offer it first to the person that first showed an interest.

I don't know why I've got to write all of this down but you could have sent me a quick message before you replied to favourite boy's message. Since I've been sat here waiting for you to reply, you'd soon have had your answer and you could have then told favourite boy that you were sorry, but it had just been sold.

Nothing had been finalised sale wise because you hadn't bothered to upload the images that you promised me, or even to tell me that you didn't have time to upload them.

Assuming that you're over about the age of about nine, you should really know all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom