SOLD (honest)Amazing & awesome jersey and shorts (for big time riders only) strong look......

Discussion in 'For Sale and Auction' started by Polocini, 24 Jun 2019.

Tags:
  1. Polocini

Polocini Über Member

This is the kit for a special rider. Tanned shaved legs? Do you have several different skin lotions you apply after showering? Do you use a special hair product? Do you ride with 80mm deep section wheels in all weathers? Aero bike? Only ride sram red or dura ace? Love of fluro? Cant walk past a mirror without having a look? white shoes? mirror shades? Is Mario Cippollini your hero? do you like to drape a jumper over your shoulders? loafers with no socks?

Are you basically just too cool for most people? Then this is the kit for you! Ideally you will be Italian but I'm sure the right rider can carry this look off anywhere.

PICS: https://www.flickr.com/photos/163044361@N04/albums/72157709230259596

Size medium ale shorts and jersey. Worn once.

PRICE: open to any sensible or stupid offer or swaps. Cost about 120 euros new. NO IT REALLY EFFIN DID.

Cheers
    AL

p.s: this is what happens when you drink and ride. When your Mrs says dares you to buy a kit like this. I live in Lancashire. I don't have panache.

Eddy, Slioch, CarlP and 1 other person like this.
  2. T4tomo

T4tomo Veteran

I quite like the really bright Ale designs, but that Cammo one is truly awful. What we're you thinking of? :okay:

Polocini likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Polocini

Polocini Über Member

I'd just hit 99.7km/h down Ventoux into bedoin and was a bit hyper. The sun was scorching. We watched Nibali do a great ride and win the giro in the local bar. I'd sent a pic of the kit in the shop window to my mrs saying i'd bought it (as a joke) and she bet me I hadn't. Oh, and I'd drank five chouffes.

T4tomo - basically you just don't have the panache to carry off this kit. :laugh:

AL

4. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Best sales pitch I’ve seen since the last really good sales pitch I once saw...... I think. The beer must have been really strong when you pressed the buy button

Polocini likes this.
  5. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

It's ... erm ... striking.

And I'm relieved I a) don't drink alcohol any more and b) am a size Small.

Polocini, RamoRuon and Tizme like this.
  6. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

One of my favourite beers.

Polocini likes this.
  7. RamoRuon

RamoRuon Regular

Blimey, a cautionary tale indeed :laugh: !

Polocini likes this.
  8. nickAKA

nickAKA Senior Member

Seriously, I'm tempted. If this makes me a bad person I don't think I care. Just need the right shades...

Polocini likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Polocini

Polocini Über Member

Just to sweeten the deal. I could throw in these and a black pair plus case and lenses.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmEvCcSL

You know it makes sense :laugh:

AL

10. nickAKA

nickAKA Senior Member

I'm guessing with continental sizing they'll be too small for me but I'm intrigued - comparable to Castelli?

11. OP
    OP
    Polocini

Polocini Über Member

I think ale just do the one size. It's not medium for mainland Europe and a bigger one for the UK. Plus if it's a bit tight no one will notice as the camoflague will er, camoflage you.

AL

12. J1888

J1888 Über Member

Cracking kit that, sadly despite being 6’1 and fairly slim, my Ale bibs are XXL, so I think medium will be far too small for me

13. OP
    OP
    Polocini

Polocini Über Member

I put this on ebay for £45 and it sold within an hour. I didn't even need to consider any offers it went straight away for the buy it now. So if you live in the Ruislip area there's a new top rider in town.

Cheers
    AL

14. Eddy

Eddy Guru

You just need that one nutter, surprised it never sold on here...…...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice