SOLD : Raleigh SP Comp Carbon Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockster57

**SOLD**

Purchased new in 2015, I've enjoyed just one outing on this quality full carbon frame road bike. Not long after I bought it, I did a few laps of Knockhill Circuit clocking up 10.73 miles in total. And that's been it. The rest of the time it has been carefully kept indoors in my house. As you might imagine, it's in excellent condition. It still has the manufacturer's protective adhesive tape attached in all the usual locations. If it was sitting on your local bike shop showroom floor it would get away with looking brand new!

The frame size is 56cm which in this case means both the seat tube and the top tube are both 56cm in length. The standover height at midpoint is 78.5cm. I am 5'10 and it's a perfect size for me.

Frame : Raleigh SP monocoque high modulus carbon fibre BB30 frame with internal cable routing. Performance road geometry

Fork : Raleigh C4 carbon blade, 1.1/8” - 1.1/2” carbon steerer

Brakeset : RSP R340 V brakes

Drive Train : 20 gear. Shimano 105 front and rear derailleurs, FSA Omega ST 50/34T chainset, Shimano CS4600 12-28T cassette, KMCX10 chain

Shifters/Brake Levers : Shimano 105

Saddle : Selle Royal Seta

Wheel Size : 700C

Tyres : Schwalbe Lugano 700 x 25C

Pedals : VP single side SPD

The following is the write up that accompanied this cycle when originally on sale...

=============================

This amazing carbon road bike gives the best possible balance of weight, stiffness and compliance at this level.

The Raleigh SP Comp Men's Road Bike is designed for speed, with performance components and a carbon fibre frame built to race specifications.

Weighing in at just 8.9kg, this bike shows just how good carbon fibre can be. Using Multi Directional Layering technology, Raleigh have engineered the SP Comp to balance weight, stiffness and compliance and supply a level of performance that is rarely seen at this price point.

Low weight means easier climbing and fast acceleration. Frame stiffness means efficient pedaling and responsive handling. And compliance allows the frame to dampen bumps and vibrations from the road for a comfier ride.

The frame is built to Raleigh's Performance Geometry for sharp handling and an aerodynamic rider position. A carbon monocoque fork and tapered headtube mean extra front-end stiffness for precise cornering and confidence at speed. It’s ready to race but also at home on training rides and club runs.

A Shimano 105 groupset brings high-end performance with technology tricked down from the Japanese drivetrain gurus’ pro-level Dura Ace components. The light action of the ergonomic STI brake/shift levers gives you ultimate control while the lightweight derailleurs change through the 20 gears quickly and precisely. With a chain and cassette designed in tandem to work quietly and efficient under load, the whole system works so well you might just forget it’s there at all – the sign of a great drivetrain in our books!

High quality brands complete the bike with Schwalbe tyres, a Selle Royal saddle and FSA components. The SP Comp is the complete package from one of the biggest names in British cycling. Whether you’re taking on the local road league or just want to win the sprint to the café on Sunday afternoon, this bike will help you do it in style!

===================

**SOLD**

Original cost was £1,400. I'm asking £700 for what is to all intents and purpose, still a brand new bike.

I would prefer a safe distance collection from the BD15 area of West Yorkshire please as I don’t have any suitable packaging to send a bike by courier and wouldn’t want to risk that anyway. Payment on collection by cash or bank transfer please.

If you would like more information or further photos please drop me a message. I am also happy if you just wish to come for a no obligation viewing (under covid friendly conditions).

Thank you,

Peter

IMG_5550.JPG IMG_5558.JPG IMG_5562.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5561.JPG
    IMG_5561.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG