[SOLD] - SOLD Peugeot SS/Fixed conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Is that how high you have the seat when you ride it? I'm about 5'10" just woundering if this will be too big for me.. my current bike is 54cm or 21 inches i believe

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is that how high you have the seat when you ride it? I'm about 5'10" just woundering if this will be too big for me.. my current bike is 54cm or 21 inches i believe
I'd say a 23.5" (60 cm) bike like that would be too big for you. I'm 6' 1" and I only ride 58 cm (22.8") and so do most other people of my height that I've spoken to. I did have a 60 cm bike a while back but I had to replace the 11 cm stem with a 9 cm one to achieve an acceptable position. How short a stem would you need?

You might be okay going up one size, but going up three sizes would literally be a bit of a stretch!

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Sent CH A couple of PM's so in a final last bid im gonna bump this up once more, I will pay your asking price and get it collected tonight mate......

OP
OP
cheadle hulme
Cheers GB,

Glad its gone to a good home. It is a VERY COMFY ride.

2 things.

1) back brake drop with Ultegra isn't enough to reach the rim properly; you need to shave a bit off the top of the brake block to stop it hitting the tyre. I nearly lost an eye grinding the original bolt hole to fit a modern nut.

2) Bottom bracket is original 1985 Peugeot ie ball bearings in a cup. Grease them regularly and replace them every few thousand kms. They're low tech, but reliable. Good BB adjustment is critical. Don't even try upgrading to a cartridge BB, it won't fit.

If you have problems, post here and people will help.

Enjoy! Pleasure meeting you too.

Stuart

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Cheers GB,

Glad its gone to a good home. It is a VERY COMFY ride.

2 things.

1) back brake drop with Ultegra isn't enough to reach the rim properly; you need to shave a bit off the top of the brake block to stop it hitting the tyre. I nearly lost an eye grinding the original bolt hole to fit a modern nut.

2) Bottom bracket is original 1985 Peugeot ie ball bearings in a cup. Grease them regularly and replace them every few thousand kms. They're low tech, but reliable. Good BB adjustment is critical. Don't even try upgrading to a cartridge BB, it won't fit.

If you have problems, post here and people will help.

Enjoy! Pleasure meeting you too.

Stuart

Some good advice there, thanks mate.

I stuck some REALLY old pads on, they seem ok, but I have ordered Ultegra ones.

I put in 30 miles on it today, up some 8%'er hills, its not a bad climber at all, its quick on the flats and by far and away the single most comfortable bike I have ever rode, As you said, not the best sprinter but hey hum.

Thanks again and dont worry, its gonna get a great thrashing :-)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw the machine this morning - bumped into Gaz in the traffic in Cheadle. Very smart bike. Glad you got it. Did mention to him it would be a cracker if CH had anything to do with it ! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom