[SOLD] - SOLD Peugeot SS/Fixed conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
Re- Parcel 2 GO.
I sent an e-bay bike last summer with them. They managed to snap the frame and would not pay up. Luckily the buyer took them on and contacted the MD direct. They caved in eventually but just a warning to add in insurance if sending anything with value as they will not admit liability.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Re- Parcel 2 GO.
I sent an e-bay bike last summer with them. They managed to snap the frame and would not pay up. Luckily the buyer took them on and contacted the MD direct. They caved in eventually but just a warning to add in insurance if sending anything with value as they will not admit liability.
Parcel2Go use couriers to handle the deliveries. I chose the DHL UK economy delivery service and when I booked it, the P2G form clearly stated:

Parcel2Go said:
Free £50 compensation cover (Additional cover up to £1000 is available)
If I paid extra for the insurance but they still wouldn't pay up, then I'd be complaining.

My memory is a little iffy on this one, but I have a vague recollection of phoning the company that I have my bike insured with to ask if it would be covered if I posted it to Cornwall, and them saying that it would be.

bigjim

Legendary Member
The point I was making was that yes you can send a bike for £10 but you do need to make sure you stump up the extra for the insurance as I got caught out. I was stupid enough not to buy the extra insurance but Parcel2go would not take any responsibility for the damage at all!
I'm no lawyer but I would have thought that if you entrust a business to deliver an item then they should have a duty of care. Couriers have to have goods in transit insurance anyway. I know I used to be one.
I,m sure somebody will be along to prove me wrong.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom