Sold the car o{}o

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

My Corrado hasn't been driven since June, it just sits there looking sorry for itself. Its got a flat battery. Getting it back on the road next Monday in time for krimbo. Woohoo. Sorry, my other bike is a car!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ohh do like Corrado's.... VR6 ?

My Primera has gone from 300 miles a week to 30 max (at weekends) these days. Need to start it mid week to keep charge in cold weather.

fossyant said:
Ohh do like Corrado's.... VR6 ?

My Primera has gone from 300 miles a week to 30 max (at weekends) these days. Need to start it mid week to keep charge in cold weather.

We'll get into trouble talking about cars!........

Nah its a 16V, plenty fast enough for me, the V6 lump is a bit of a boat anchor I reckon. I used to drive a Primera, they handle well for a more door.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
magnatom said:
Not a Chelsea tractor, honest! (Citroen C4 Picasso Grand to be exact). Anyway, it will not be used for school runs (kids are too young at the moment anyway!)

Have to agree here...
Though our new 7 seater will do the school-run, transporting 5 children (3 are mine) and 1 Adult, so I think that's pretty efficient car use. There is no viable public transport for the 6 mile run and cycling that route is not an option for them and their gear either. IF the local 3 senior schools in the town (within walking distance) were any good we'd no need for the mass transport system.

A Chelsea tractor it ain't.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mine's the P12 Primera - the ugly square bruit with all the leccys and sat nav and stuff - very comfy and a really good CO2 for a petrol........ ahem..... - Big boot for bike stuff and I've got my Nissan rack for 3 bikes all sorted a few years back - used me old bike fittings on the Nissan rails..

Just before I get kicked off for quoting car stuff..... and I subscribe (pay) to a Nissan car forum.... arghhhh - just look at my bikes please before you kick me off....

Can't push the car anywhere - the drive has a 6 inch rise, but the car is sooooo heavy, you can't move it on the flat and we are on top of a hill.. The Yaris is much easier !!

Norv

I like driving!:smile:

I passed me driving test about 5 months ago (i'm 18) and am insured on my Mum's crappy, but new and reliable VW Fox and my Dad's 2.0 litre diesel estate. (company car)

There's no point in forking out a few grand (and it really is that much when you're male and young) to have my own car, when I can pay Mum £40/month to use hers and have use of Dad's for free. I cycle the 5 miles to work, or get the bus if it's pissing down - no sweat and a lot of cash saved. Mum doesn't like driving much and only uses the car as a means to an end, so in the evenings, I can use her car to go bird pulling out with mates, to the cinema, into town and what have you.

Johnny Thin

When the dosh you've saved starts to stack up and you need to clear your garden out, think about one of these. I routinely bypass the queues at the local recycling centre on mine, never had a car. The advantage over a trailer is you can carry unusual loads like long lumber, people, or a recumbent bike you're taking to the LBS!

PBancroft

Johnny Thin said:
When the dosh you've saved starts to stack up and you need to clear your garden out, think about one of these. I routinely bypass the queues at the local recycling centre on mine, never had a car. The advantage over a trailer is you can carry unusual loads like long lumber, people, or a recumbent bike you're taking to the LBS!

That's GREAT.

I've been looking for a bike which would be genuinely useful for doing the weekly shop, and that fits the form perfectly.

Now all I have to do is get the other half to ride it... :evil:

(I don't mean it really - I love visiting the local butcher, baker and farm shop. Tesco is another matter.)

Johnny Thin

Kaipaith said:
That's GREAT.

I've been looking for a bike which would be genuinely useful for doing the weekly shop, and that fits the form perfectly.

Now all I have to do is get the other half to ride it... :evil:

(I don't mean it really - I love visiting the local butcher, baker and farm shop. Tesco is another matter.)

I'm in the Midlands (Stourbridge), so if you want to check mine out first you're very welcome.

Top Bottom