solely commuters?

Do you only commute by bike?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Just wondering, how many of us are commuters and that’s ‘it’?

Or is there a large proportion that cycle apart from commuting?

Personally, I’m also known to nip out for a road ride, occasionally get out on the MTB, pick the kids up from school in the trailer and I’ve got one of those silly cruisers for leisurely local summer rides down to the shops

PrettyboyTim

I mainly only commute, and go for short shopping trips.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Interesting question.

The miles I do are skewed far in favour of the commute, but I add extra to the end on occasion, and like to ride just for fun when I can. I'll try and fit that into the options somehow... :biggrin:

jely

i prefer doing long-distance weekend rides ... and prefer walking to work and running home in the evenings.

domtyler

Über Member
Ah, my answer should have been no. I thought the question was "Do you only commute by bike" as in, as opposed to sometimes commuting by other means.

So yes, I do cycle out at the weekends, but not very often at the moment as got a lot of DIY type stuff on that needs to be done.

Maz

Guru
I only cycle for my commute, sometimes for going to the shops. The idea of cycling otherwise, has never really appealed to me, to be honest.

Only a commuter at the moment. It would be nice to go for rides, but with two young kids I don't really have the time.

davidtq

I havent done a ride for "fun" yet in over a year of cycle commuting. I enjoy cycling to work for the most part, but Im just far too lazy to put that amount of effort in for "fun". I am supposed to be going for a ride with my uncle some time soon, it might change my opinion on cycling for fun as opposed to cycling for transport.

I got back into cycling by mainly commuting but as I've got the bug its expanded into other things, mostly on road.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I put no because I sometimes commute by train/car. Well, that was your question!!!

OTOH I do the occasional pleasure ride, but nearly all of my riding is commuting so the answer is still no, but only just.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Mainly for commute however I will often extend the distance and go out for lunchtime rides depending on time, weather, mood etc

Alcdrew

I've gone for yes. But I do also use the bike for going other places, like shops, pub etc... But it's all for transport reasons and not for fun.

But I'm seriously thinking of putting in a major ride for the fun of it and to prove I could/can do it. By major, I'm thinking 100 miles. But I feel I need a reason (like somewhere to go) to be on the bike, not just riding round in a circle. So need to find somewhere to go about 50 miles away from me. Then I'll do it

domtyler

Über Member
Alcdrew said:
I've gone for yes. But I do also use the bike for going other places, like shops, pub etc... But it's all for transport reasons and not for fun.

But I'm seriously thinking of putting in a major ride for the fun of it and to prove I could/can do it. By major, I'm thinking 100 miles. But I feel I need a reason (like somewhere to go) to be on the bike, not just riding round in a circle. So need to find somewhere to go about 50 miles away from me. Then I'll do it

Sign up to do a sportive ride. They are usually about a hundred miles and are great fun. You get to do a lot of bunch riding without it actually being a race.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I commute by bike every day, but get one of the road bikes out at weekends for a 30-60 mile proper road ride - tear up some tarmac...makes the dicing with traffic Mon - Fri worth it !!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like being on the bike, the biggest portion of the miles are for commuting but I happily nip to the shops, pick up the kids from school, all the pick ups from after school clubs, visit friends. I find the kids the major limiting factor is the kids, else I would like to try to expand my cycling into going for longer rides - I keep hoping one of them gets into cycling enough that we could do it together - highest hopes for the youngest but he's only 7. Every now and again I manage to persuade the family to do a cycle outing.

Top Bottom