SOLVED: Diagnosing an inconsistent creak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Upturn the bike, check carefully all round the welds of the BB to seat tube, downtube and seat stays . I had a crack develop on a former bike that was scary when I realised how bad it had got. Spent a couple weeks wondering why the bike was creaking, particually when I was out of the saddle.
An unlikely thing to happen but easy to check.

Edited to add, I see you have solved it, 👍

OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
Do I get bonus points?

Indeed you are. I was certain it was front wheel, I just got this slight sensation through the bars when it made the noise. Was just surprised that I couldn't replicate it with my old wheel that I now use for the turbo, and more surprised when the day to day wheel went back on and also stopped creaking.

Now if you can please resolve the following tech issues I have had occur in the last week, then we're laughing:
- Garmin no longer accepting new routes through both USB and wireless means. Resets not resolved.
- Wahoo tickr recording eratic heart rates
- Garmin watch no longer charging
- Zwift struggling to connect to smart trainer, cadence sensor and aforementioned now non charging Garmin watch
- Cleats (SPD-L) bolts unthreading relentlessly on new shoes.

Having quite the week of it. :rolleyes:

Sharky

Guru
Garmin no longer accepting new routes
The creaking was easy to spot. I had exactly the same problem with a mavic wheel and the grease solved it.

As far as the garmin goes, I can't really help, except that I had a 200 that stopped recording properly. I connected it to my laptop and viewed the directories and deleted a lot of my historical rides and that solved it. Maybe the folder for the routes is full on your garmin?

Top Bottom