(solved)new chainring, chain not sitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
I'm still none the wiser what the problem was or how it was fixed, but I'm glad you're happy.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm still none the wiser what the problem was or how it was fixed, but I'm glad you're happy.
The ring was a wide one to take a 1/8" chain for a single speed/hub gear bike so the 3/32" derailleur type chain wouldn't fit on it properly. He's ground the chainring thinner to suit the chain. I don't know whether that will cause any isses but hopefully it'll do the job until it next wears out and can be replaced with the appropriate one.

OP
OP
chriss2.0

chriss2.0

well its working well so far, and thank you for all your help, and info. iv learned plenty.

see. i can do cars and motorbikes, but iv found cycles to be a tad more complicated than i thought, not all the skills are transferable

Fubar

Guru
The ring was a wide one to take a 1/8" chain for a single speed/hub gear bike so the 3/32" derailleur type chain wouldn't fit on it properly. He's ground the chainring thinner to suit the chain. I don't know whether that will cause any isses but hopefully it'll do the job until it next wears out and can be replaced with the appropriate one.

Thanks, didn't realised it was an SS chainring so my bad.

Top Bottom