Some Alcohol statistics...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
fossyant said:
Ours is usually pretty full - lots af tins of cat food (3 cats to feed) and plenty of tinned tomatoes (for us), plus alcohol as well, but it's the tins fo food.....

Add that to the fact we're re-cycling all palstic bottles, cardboard etc - there's another huge pile in my garage awaiting a trip down to the re-cycling point. After all this effort, we've really reduced the amount of rubbish that goes to the tip. Now have to work on the folk that put tonnes of packaging on fruit and meat.

Oh, I know. The amount of packaging is mad. Something occured to me the other day - those little portions of Actimel and stuff. A little bottle for each day. Why not sell in bigger bottles with a cap that holds a day's dose? Is it that they think it'll go off once opened? It's only yoghurt really isn't it? Surely kept in the fridge it would be ok? But I guess it's a better 'image' to have a dose in each bottle.

And the waste I see. One house had thrown out several 2lt Coke bottles, and each one had a few cl of coke still in the bottle. Put them together, it would have been a whole glass full, just chucked out... Why wouldn't you empty the bottle before starting a new one? I even see the same with beer cans and bottles...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
They leave a bit in the cans for people like you to have a quick free swig, Arch. It's a public duty they're performing:biggrin:

k-dog

Some drink more than others, which is stating the obvious, but I once had a colleague who drank 14 cans of Newcastle Brown Ale every night and he never once missed a day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's cos he had to be there - how else would afford all the drink?

walker

fossyant said:
Ours is usually pretty full - lots af tins of cat food (3 cats to feed) and plenty of tinned tomatoes (for us), plus alcohol as well, but it's the tins fo food.....

so your the one with the smelly house.;);)

hubgearfreak

Über Member
snorri said:
Just what I thought as I read it.;)
It's fear of people like Arch that causes me to fill up my panniers once a week and distribute my empties at random around the countryside.

if you only need to do it weekly, you don't drink too much, so stop fretting.
some of us have to fill the hedge bottoms on a daily basis:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cat's are clean - only when they poop or do a wee in the litter tray does it get whiffy - we do have one cat that comes in for a poop - after being out all day......

Back on topic - we are sick of the levels of packaging some food gets, and are looking for alternatives..... like why the hell does cucumber need a plastic wrapper, that you can't get off....FFS it comes with one naturally ?

I couldn't care less what people think when they see my recycling. I like a drink (that's why you won't find Lambrini bottles in my recycling) and I don't care who knows it.:biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
hubgearfreak said:
if you only need to do it weekly, you don't drink too much, so stop fretting.
some of us have to fill the hedge bottoms on a daily basis:blush:
Is that not a public service ?
I thought the random disposal of cans along a country lane benefitted society by placing hedge reflectors for those dark winters nights which, by the way, start approaching exactly one month today.
Merry Christmas Everyone !

Top Bottom