Some ebay items. Why??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Empty cardboard box which once held a Specialized Tricross - anyone want one for £10?
Or would you prefer to nip into any LBS, or cycling chainstore for that matter, where they will be glad to get rid of one without them having to place it in a skip.
Are sellers really so desperate for £10? Are buyers really so gullable?

NB... I only stumbled across the listing while searching "Specialized Tricross". I don't have a fetish for buying overpriced cardboard boxes.

Perhaps they think it will make a good cardboard bike.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cardboard-bike.211483/

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've a Wiggle bike box you can have for a tenner after Christmas if you're collecting them :okay: - currently it's got this in:

avanti-pista-pro-2016-track-bikes-3989906.jpg

Empty cardboard box which once held a Specialized Tricross - anyone want one for £10?
Or would you prefer to nip into any LBS, or cycling chainstore for that matter, where they will be glad to get rid of one without them having to place it in a skip.
Are sellers really so desperate for £10? Are buyers really so gullable?

NB... I only stumbled across the listing while searching "Specialized Tricross". I don't have a fetish for buying overpriced cardboard boxes.

Obviously you have not seen the numerous For Sale adverts here for shorts - the type that you wear when nekkid underneath when riding a bike.

JohnHughes307

Über Member
I once sold the box my Mont Blanc pen came in for £40 on ebay. I was going to throw it out, as the pen spends all its time in my pocket, and given that it is engraved with my name, I'm never going to sell it, but then though "I wonder..."

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I once sold the box my Mont Blanc pen came in for £40 on ebay. I was going to throw it out, as the pen spends all its time in my pocket, and given that it is engraved with my name, I'm never going to sell it, but then though "I wonder..."

Put in a £5.99 "montblanc" pen from hong kong and in the genuine box it's suddenly worth a lot more.

Not sure it makes much sense for old bike parts though

Cubist

Still wavin'
I was surprised to see some empty whisky bottles on sale on eBay. Then I googled the whisky the bottles once held, and at over £100 a bottle, my suspicious mind leaps to all sorts of fraudulent activity based conclusions.

Slick

Guru
I was thinking of getting rid of the Erskine Bridge if anyone's interested? Just hasn't been the same since they made me remove the toll booths.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was surprised to see some empty whisky bottles on sale on eBay. Then I googled the whisky the bottles once held, and at over £100 a bottle, my suspicious mind leaps to all sorts of fraudulent activity based conclusions.
I used to work in one of those crappy Irish theme pubs. We had a marvellous display of Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y, every bottle was filled with cold tea.

winjim

Smash the cistern
James May famously eBay'd half a packet pf Benson and sold them for more than a full packet would have been worth.
You can sell fags on ebay? I'd have thought Her Majesty's Customs and whatever they're called would have something to say about that.

Top Bottom