Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Mark, I hope the bottom bracket was the problem as it should be relatively easy to fix. Thanks for understanding, when I deserted you to race for my train and I am pleased to report that I made it to the Gig on time.

No problem Tim great photos and yes BB was the cause sounded like a cow bell by the time i got to Tring :blush:

toptom

Thanks Charlie great route great weather hopefully il do the hole ride next time. 72 miles in the end for me only a top speed of 40 mph

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Just thought I'd share this with a view to the Trip Advisor request mentioned. I popped out a quick email to The Black Boy yesterday to say thank you and got this in response:

Hi there
Thank you so much for the message. We really enjoyed having you all, my only worry was that the queue to pay bills wasn't a problem.
I wonder of some of your group might take some time to go onto Trip Advisor and leave a short review for us? Every little helps!
We'd be delighted to welcome you back on future cycles or outings.
Kind regards
Lorraine.

So, again thank you all for being models of good behaviour!

One bit of random talk I've just remembered, which I think sums up the day.

Rebecca (pointing out a glum looking car driver) - "He doesn't look very happy."
Me - "What do you expect, he's stuck in a car".

A bit later on, a bloke on a bike goes past, stripped off to the waist, smiling away.

Rebecca - "He looks happy".
Both of us - "It's because he's on a bike".

Rebecca (pointing out a glum looking car driver) - "He doesn't look very happy."

A bit later on, a bloke on a bike goes past, stripped off to the waist, smiling away.

Wish we had a photo of each and could post them up here side by side.

fabregas485

The quote of the day for me was as a large group of cyclist passed us going in the other direction. I then heard someone behind me in our group go 'bloody cyclist'. that made me giggle

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Who was on the Recumberant bike/trike by the way? That was so cool, and amazing to ride behind
It's a (original, folding) ICE Vortex. The other folder on the ride :smile:
vortex_large.jpg

StuartG

slower but further
Come on Charlie - its been a week since that fantastic ride. Today I was stuck back with Surrey. How many chocolate box villages can a man take? Henfold Lakes had run out of Chocolate Cake and The Hedgehog at Copthorne not only has bastardised itself as The Curious Pig but they no longer serve bar snacks. Our club runs list is now in ruins.

So how about setting up some sequel rides:
* There is some grass in Middlesex
* Not all of Hertfordshire is M25

Over to you ...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
So how about setting up some sequel rides:
* There is some grass in Middlesex
* Not all of Hertfordshire is M25

Over to you ...

You'll struggle with Middlesex - although Northwick Park is grassy, in Middlesex, and right opposite one of Charlie's haunts. For Hertfordshire you could do worse than start around Chorleywood and go over to St Albans - although it's hilly, and much busier than North Bucks. Bedfordshire is quite sleepy? Oxfordshire's got some cows? Northamptonshire - almost as pretty as Hampshire?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
We've already had 'Parts of Surrey and Hampshire that really aren't flat'. Might well do a rerun of that.

Top Bottom