Some people need a life......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just been to hospital to get my shoulder looked at.

Deliberately went early as parking is next to impossible, and you don't want to be stressed just finding a space. As expected, car parks are rammed - so decide to drive out of the site, and park an a bust but wide road some half a mile away (no parking restrictions).

Anyway, an hour later I'm back at my car, and some ass has shoved a note on my windscreen.... Dial stone Lane Residents Association..... eh...

The 'got no lifer' has taken a photo of my car, inserted it into a word document, including my reg, then put a colour copy on my windscreen, and sent a copy to the hospital.

It basically goes into the fact that the top bod at the hospital has promised residents that staff or patients don't need to park on side streets, and that if I continued to do so they (the 'association') would report me to the relevant authorities......

Oh really go on then :smile: - it's perfectly legal to park there.............:angry: and there is bob all space on site to park - not my fault my appointment is at peak time....

FFS I'd parked half a mile away, not causing an obstruction. TBH why buy a house near to a large hospital, and on a busy road. It's not like I popped my car on a small side street....

TBH the site is a nightmare - if you are going to A&E - you end up dropping off the patient and then going to find parking..... same with appointments....it's a total gamble. I was just glad our two kids decided to 'arrive' late at night (Maternity unit) - the only issue then was the high power microwave systems jamming my remote - so wife toddles in and I'm still trying to lock the car.....:sad:

Grrrrrrrr

Completely agree, if you own a car, get a house with a parking space on your own land. If you insist on relying on the highway, then you take your chances.

How was the shoulder anyway?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Stepping Hill is a total nightmare for parking and has been for many years and my sympathies go out to you and anyone else requiring parking while getting treatment there. I don't know what the answer is but perhaps asking the staff to park in a nearby multi-storey car park and be bussed in like at the Albert Edward in Wigan might work?

Your point about the nearby residents is a bit off though. I bet most of them have lived in those houses since well before the expansion on the site and the closure of the Infirmary and the other hospital (who's name I forget) which used to spread the patient load at SH.

Again, sympathies to anyone going there or many other hospitals in England, I'm mainly thinking of you, Hallamshire, where I once saw a frantic woman driving a child with a profusely bleeding face around and around as she couldn't find a space and the parking Nazi refused to allow her to leave it in an unauthorised spot!

TVC

Simple solution, if you have to park there again, just put a notice in the window:

While you're photographing my car, I'm sh*gging your wife.

yenrod

You'll laugh over that Foss soon im sure you will !

Crazy vibe - pic. and all unbelieveable.

Amazing to think SOMEBODY: sees car goes to house gets cam. takes pic (maybe more :angry: ) goes back to house connects cable to camera uploads pictures to My Pictures open Word types text...attaches pic (from My Pics)....saves doc. prints out doc. unplugs cam. closes progs. turns off comp. (?)

Miraculous.

PS - ive go nowt to do and type that ! :smile:

:sad:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Have some thought for him though. For Fossyant it was a (hopefully) rare visit to the hospital but for the resident, (s)he's got to put up with people parking there, coming and going all day long. I've had to park on that road myself and know there's no alternative but feel the annoyance should be directed more at the hospital authorities than the individual parking there.

The Velvet Curtain said:
Simple solution, if you have to park there again, just put a notice in the window:

While you're photographing my car, I'm sh*gging your wife.

:smile: I like that. I agree though, if it's legal to park there it doesn't matter whether you were visiting the hospital, the local red light district or the moon, you can leave your car there and there's nothing any jumped - up pretend parking warden can do about it.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Rhythm Thief said:
:smile: I like that. I agree though, if it's legal to park there it doesn't matter whether you were visiting the hospital, the local red light district or the moon, you can leave your car there and there's nothing any jumped - up pretend parking warden can do about it.

+1

D-Rider

Local residents beside one of my former employers used to put traffic cones on "their" space to stop people from the factory parking there. Had a few "discussions" with people who took exception to me moving their cones.

I mean... don't they know we pay road tax? :smile:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I know - just shook my head - I'd expect it if it was one of the very near streets - but I'd parked there way out of the way...... I know the place is a nightmare...ah well..

Just feel sorry for the householder - they'll be out every day doing this....

I tend not to visit very often...

Shoulder - deffo AC joint damage, but the consultant says pain and tingling in arm and fingers isn't AC related as I'd not dislocated it.... potentially neck probs... and carpel tunnel syndrone.

Another 6 weeks for a scan and nerve test. Then maybe a steroid injection, but TBH I'll give that a miss as the consultant said these things take ages to heal anyway, and the injection only speeds it up - but I'm having regular physio anyway. Surgery would be a last resort (phew).... but not something they would consider yet....

Anyone do a quick relaese shoulder...come on Shimano . Di2 and all that.... DIShoulders please.... or Campag Super Record with Ti bolts....hmmmm....

fossyant said:
FFS I'd parked half a mile away, not causing an obstruction. TBH why buy a house near to a large hospital, and on a busy road. It's not like I popped my car on a small side street....

I went to a public inquiry once and the objection to a building site was that the Air/ Heleport was too noisy. My thoughts were similar, if you wanted a perfectly quiet house, why did you buy a house at the end of the runway :ohmy:

Don't worry about the letter, if some bod wants to do that, as long as he doesn't damage your car its their choice.

Top Bottom