Some people need a life......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplepolly

fossyant said:
FFS I'd parked half a mile away, not causing an obstruction. TBH why buy a house near to a large hospital, and on a busy road. It's not like I popped my car on a small side street....

TBH the site is a nightmare - if you are going to A&E - you end up dropping off the patient and then going to find parking.....

Trouble is the situation's not as simple as you parking outside the house. I live very close to Stepping Hill, and although I've got more of a life than to be bothered about parking (although the ones who park exactly in the middle of a spot occupied overnight by two cars do test the patience a little), the aggressive behaviour of a lot of drivers in their attempt to find a parking spot makes the site and surrounding roads very dangerous for both pedestrians and cyclists. I get reminded of that every day as I have to commute into Stockport which is either past or through the hospital. It's easy to see why people get upset about having to put up with that.

And not everyone's bought their house in the last couple of years - the number of people wanting to park at Stepping Hill has increased considerably over the last few years as the hospital has increased both it's buildings and catchment area. For instance, since Buxton stopped taking emergency admissions, the hospital has taken patients from considerable distances into the peak district and their visitors often can't get to the hospital and back in an evening (or at all) by public transport. None of this could reasonably have been predicted by people buying houses 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
NickM said:
On the bright side, it's an excellent excuse to try a recumbent :smile:

I'd rather stick spokes in my eyes :tongue::thumbsup:.....he...he.... Anyway - saw my first recumbent locally yesterday - he was very slow though.... :sad:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry Purplepolly - I'd thought I'd parked way out of the way to cause bother - just drove until the road was very wide, and parked carefully - I know many don't. TBH the hospital needs to address the space issue, especially for patients.... seems to be full with just the staff. I hate parking outside folk's houses, but the appointment had to be kept.... there were about 20 cars "space hunting" when I turned up 40 mins early (yep that early as it's so bad) - so thought - park out of the way - 10 mins walk...

Won't be back for 6 weeks though !

fossyant said:
Won't be back for 6 weeks though !

Make sure you park outside the same house, leave the original note on with a handwritten message underneath asking if they can take a better picture this time.

PaulB

Legendary Member
purplepolly said:
And not everyone's bought their house in the last couple of years - the number of people wanting to park at Stepping Hill has increased considerably over the last few years as the hospital has increased both it's buildings and catchment area. For instance, since Buxton stopped taking emergency admissions, the hospital has taken patients from considerable distances into the peak district and their visitors often can't get to the hospital and back in an evening (or at all) by public transport. None of this could reasonably have been predicted by people buying houses 10, 20 or 30 years ago.

What he said!

Top Bottom