Some people need a life......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
HLaB said:
Don't worry about the letter, if some bod wants to do that, as long as he doesn't damage your car its their choice.

Erm.. I'm more worried about being keyed..... I do park properly, and in car parks - I'm the sad git that parks out of the way and walks... I like my car.. :ohmy: (oh good grief..I am damned)...but I like it sat on the drive 5 or 6 days a week....... it's now't special, but I look after it... it's handy to have but we do need it's space when we go away...and my wife's won't carry the bikes... I even fill it with V-Power fuel, just to keep it clean, as it's not used....and it has had a few tantrums recently due to no use........ :biggrin:

Plans..no new cars... bikes..well......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I suspect that the anal retentives who put photos into word docs aren't the sort of people who key cars.

Maz

Guru
fossyant said:
The 'got no lifer' has taken a photo of my car, inserted it into a word document, including my reg, then put a colour copy on my windscreen, and sent a copy to the hospital...
Why do I get the feeling this guy also runs the local Neighbourhood Watch scheme like a military operation?

thomas

the tank engine
User3143 said:
Someone took a photo of your car and put it into a word document?!? Some people have nothing better to do obviously.:ohmy:

Says us who hang out on the internet :biggrin:...well, at least they've got a hobby! :biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I bought my house with parking because I know parking can be difficult. I'm not that far from a hospital and a school and I expect that people visiting either will probably park on my road (and yes, the bit outside of my house is mine as it is an unadopted road and each house owns half the width of the road out side). So I have no problem with that as it is still a public road with no parking restrictions.

In your case, if you were causing no obstruction then there is no problem for you. I think the resident's greivence is with the hospital but you became the target for being there. The photo and notice would really be their evidence that the hospital parking isn't adequate, they didn't really need to leave the note on your car as well.

My grievence with people parking on my road is when they park in front of my driveway gates and then wonder off somewhere else. Or park so close to the edge of my gates that I can't get my car out as the road is too narrow to turn in, only two car widths including pavements. The real 'grrrr' moments is when someone parks blocking my gates and then visits the neighbour who has a huge empty drive with parking marked out for flats and visitors. Why can't they just park in the drive of the house they are visiting?

snorri

Legendary Member
I had to take a relative to visit a hospital patient recently, and being a car owner it was expected I would drive them there. It turned out to be quite a stressful business, orbiting the car park several times looking for somewhere to stop before finding a place, then having to pay for the privilege. Later visits on my own were down by public transport, totally stress free.:wacko:
There does seem to be a need to filter out those who arrive at hospitals by car for reasons of urgency and those who are just to bone idle to walk, cycle or consult a bus timetable.

Lots of roads are private land. If this one is then you are trespassing on it. These are the areas that you often see restrictions on and clampers in force.

However if it is then they have a duty to tell you it is private land.

If it is an adopted highway then I agree you have the right to park there. There is some twat that lives near my mum who thinks he owns the road outside his house and so I deliberately park there to annoy him.

I am waiting for someone to challenge me so I can say "I have bought a special permit to park here" and when they are puzzled and want to see it: point to my tax disc.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm afraid I see the other side of the arguement... we suffer with people parking outside our house rather than pay for parking near by. What annoys me is that they don't park in a responsible manner - so for example outside my house the road is very narrow (we don't park outside our house except for unloading and loading), 2 weeks ago we didn't get our bins collected as a car did park there nor anyone else beyond us. And that's not the first time.

We do get the police to ticket or move cars occasionally due to obstructions. One of my neighbours regularly needs paramedic/ambulance. There have been times when they have difficultly getting through.

We get people parking completely on the pavement as the roads are so narrow too, which means walking the kids in the road to get to school. And no when we first moved in we didn't have these problems but just think how much busier the roads have got in the last 20 years.

I do know that one of my neighbours does put notes on cars - but I don't. However he will put notes on cars outside my house which they sometimes then post through my door!!!

I'm not saying what he did was right, but that he could be getting very stressed by it, day in, day out. I normally let most of it wash over me and just report the worse cases. But sometimes I think they must have a file with my name on it at the police station with moaning loony written on it!!

PaulB

Legendary Member
As I already mentioned in a previous post, the "moaning Minnie" almost certainly didn't buy a house near a busy hospital where he knew people would park outside his drive. The nearby Infirmary and another local hospital closed down in the recent past meaning more services were centred at that particular one and therefore it got a lot busier than when he bought the house. That's hardly his fault, is it?

Morrisette

I do find it strange that people are soooo bothered about cars parked on the road outside their houses.....during the day......when I am at work......and therefore not even there to SEE the cars.....doesn't bother me in any way, and our street is always full of cars.

There's another street in town who have lobbied the council (hopefully unsuccessfully but we will see) for parking permits FOR THE WHOLE TOWN just to stop people parking on their street during the day. One of them wrote a ranting letter to the local paper where they actually said that they got their car out to drive the kids to school and 10 minutes later they came back and their space was gone....where to even begin with people like this?!?!

NickM

Veteran
fossyant said:
Shoulder - deffo AC joint damage, but the consultant says pain and tingling in arm and fingers isn't AC related as I'd not dislocated it.... potentially neck probs... and carpel tunnel syndrone.
Sorry to hear about this :smile:

On the bright side, it's an excellent excuse to try a recumbent :smile:

Maz

Guru
I was down in Cambridge recently trying in vane to find a parking space off Mill Rd (for those that know it). Found a space but wasn't sure if it was residents-only or pay-and-display. Asked a fella coming out of his house and he said it was residents-only. He said there were pay-and-displays further down the road but if I didn't find owt, come back and I could park on his driveway for free. Good egg.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Maz said:
I was down in Cambridge recently trying in vane to find a parking space off Mill Rd (for those that know it). Found a space but wasn't sure if it was residents-only or pay-and-display. Asked a fella coming out of his house and he said it was residents-only. He said there were pay-and-displays further down the road but if I didn't find owt, come back and I could park on his driveway for free. Good egg.
Many years ago a neighbouring house was having a wedding. It was a large extended family and so, being a good neighbour, I said that they could park a car on my drive if the road was full. I did also say that I would need to go out later and so I would ask for them to move their car to let me out. They gratefully agreed.

Later on when I was getting ready to go out I called in on the party and asked if they could move the car to let me out. They could then park back in there. They refused and told me to p*ss off and stop interupting their celebrations.
After several more attempts to get them to move their car and old chap eventually agreed and came over half an hour later. He then insisted on using the toilet first and he wet all the seat and didn't flush. He then moved the car out so I drove to the front of the drive locked my car up and left him there in the road. When he went to complain I told him that I had missed my appointment so no longer needed to go and so they had lost their neighbourly privilages.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Night Train said:
Many years ago a neighbouring house was having a wedding. It was a large extended family and so, being a good neighbour, I said that they could park a car on my drive if the road was full. I did also say that I would need to go out later and so I would ask for them to move their car to let me out. They gratefully agreed.

Later on when I was getting ready to go out I called in on the party and asked if they could move the car to let me out. They could then park back in there. They refused and told me to p*ss off and stop interupting their celebrations.
After several more attempts to get them to move their car and old chap eventually agreed and came over half an hour later. He then insisted on using the toilet first and he wet all the seat and didn't flush. He then moved the car out so I drove to the front of the drive locked my car up and left him there in the road. When he went to complain I told him that I had missed my appointment so no longer needed to go and so they had lost their neighbourly privilages.
Bloody Hell, NT!!! Patience of a Saint!! I'd have been sorely tempted to ask nicely and then upon receiving such a reply to just smash the window and release the handbrake to get it out of the way... unfortunately they'd know who did it and this would probably set you up for a future of trouble. :rolleyes::sad:

What a bunch of muppets.

Top Bottom