Some reassurance needed before switching cassettes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Well it's a bugger alright. Had the bike on a stand and dismantled the rear gearing cable that I had noticed had frayed somewhat under the downtube, and when the cable came out of the 105 shifter it looked like this...

Photo 05-04-2015 13 16 14.jpg

Saw the cable had dismantled itself in and around the internals of the shifter so took it to the only place open...Halfords....

Photo 05-04-2015 13 19 18.jpg

The guy essentially took it all apart and managed to get out the jammed cable and the stopper thingy at the end of what was left of the cable...

Photo 05-04-2015 13 52 31.jpg

No wonder I was struggling to shift...

Thanks to @themosquitoking for his help today!

Attachments

• Photo 05-04-2015 13 16 29.jpg
    Photo 05-04-2015 13 16 29.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 21
Well it's a bugger alright. Had the bike on a stand and dismantled the rear gearing cable that I had noticed had frayed somewhat under the downtube, and when the cable came out of the 105 shifter it looked like this...

View attachment 84754

Saw the cable had dismantled itself in and around the internals of the shifter so took it to the only place open...Halfords....

View attachment 84756

The guy essentially took it all apart and managed to get out the jammed cable and the stopper thingy at the end of what was left of the cable...

View attachment 84757

No wonder I was struggling to shift...

Thanks to @themosquitoking for his help today!
I felt quite confident taking the brifter apart it was the getting back together i was clenching at.

Top Bottom