Somehow won a trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Did a survey on carrying stuff by bike, or something- I can barely remember doing it. European Cyclists Federation/ Cyclelogistics survey.

Received email saying I'd won a shopping trailer. Haven't got it yet but it's a shopping trolley which appears to attach to a bicycle via the rack. I think it is this:

http://www.andersen-shopper.de/en/products/shopper-collection/royal-shopper-plus-aluminium

We'll see. I can use a shopping trolley whether or not I attach it to a bike because all that beer is heavy.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Looks like it could be handy as a sack barrow too. Congrats!

Do nt over load it with beer ... just in-case the wheels give way....:smile:
Looks like he'll be ok ....

royal_plus_kiste.jpg

Sara_H

Guru
Did a survey on carrying stuff by bike, or something- I can barely remember doing it. European Cyclists Federation/ Cyclelogistics survey.

Received email saying I'd won a shopping trailer. Haven't got it yet but it's a shopping trolley which appears to attach to a bicycle via the rack. I think it is this:

http://www.andersen-shopper.de/en/products/shopper-collection/royal-shopper-plus-aluminium

We'll see. I can use a shopping trolley whether or not I attach it to a bike because all that beer is heavy.
I entered that! I'll have it if you don't like it!

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've got it now!

I do most of my shopping on foot so if I have heavy stuff (washing powder, beer) it's great. It's a really good shopping trolley, pneumatic wheels, doesn't clip my heels when I walk.

It has this really ugly fitting which attaches it to a bike, the hitch attaches to the seat stays. Luckily we have an old Trek Navigator which is only used for shopping so I don't mind, but I wouldn't fit it to a bike I used for anything else, it is a bit agricultural, plus my heels clip the fittings- but this is due to the design of the Navigator- it would be OK on a standard Dutch type bike. Other hitches are available for it, the one shown in the link a few posts above looks better.

I'll post a picture next time I hitch it up.

It rolls OK when full, but doesn't like speedbumps. When empty it has a tendency to 'dance' if you hit a speedbump at more than a crawl, hops from one wheel to the other. Did a Supermarket shop today. The trailer detaches from the bike with a quick release (lockable if required) and then you can wheel it around, fill it up and wheel it back to the bike.

Folds too, plus the wheels pop off for storage.

Top Bottom