Someone forgive me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I just rather rudely called someone, a complete stranger, an idiot. I misread his manner and thought he was taking the piss, when he just wasn't understanding something. I realised I'd done wrong, and said sorry, but he was, understandably, pissed off, and wouldn't accept my apology before walking off.

Can someone forgive me in lieu please? I've quite upset myself for being bad tempered when I didn't need to be. I was having a nice day, and now I just feel stupid and nasty.

wafflycat

You're only forgiven if you thrash yourself vigorously with a head of celery, whilst nekkid, singing the theme to 'Postman Pat' whilst running around the outside of York Minster on the night of a full moon.

TVC

You're only forgiven if you thrash yourself vigorously with a head of celery, whilst nekkid, singing the theme to 'Postman Pat' whilst running around the outside of York Minster on the night of a full moon.

This thread is nothing without pictures.

Arch - never apologise and never explain.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 1140540"]
What did he do wrong?
[/quote]

We were at a crossing for the city bike races, and he was asing the marshall how often people could cross. The marshall wasn't doing a great job of explaining succinctly - IE Whenever there's a safe gap between the end of the pack and the front coming round again. So I chipped in to explain, which was fine, and then the guy said "So how often, every hour, every two hours?" I just thought that was so daft (it was every few minutes or so) that I said "no, idiot, every few minutes". The guy's tone misled me - or rather I misread it, he couldn't help having a slightly sarky tone. Also, he kept saying "I have a business over there", which had made me think he was a bit pompous. But I shouldn't have called him an idiot, even so. He haranged me as we crossed, and walked down the road, and wouldn't listen when I said sorry.

I shouldn't be bothered, but for some reason I am. I hate knowing I've done something daft.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bit unnecessary to call him an idiot, but don't worry about it, he'll be over it by now.

Maybe, but I'm not.

I just wanted someone to say apology accepted.

I still fret occasionally over an unintentionally hurtful thing I said to girl at secondary school, so you can see I get myself wound up sometimes...

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'll forgive you, Arch. After all, you knitted me a shark which I faithfully promised (and have thus far miserably failed) to get a piccie of it set up as my avatar.

So, you forgive me and I'll forgive you on behalf of the idiot gentleman concerned. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll forgive you, Arch. After all, you knitted me a shark which I faithfully promised (and have thus far miserably failed) to get a piccie of it set up as my avatar.

So, you forgive me and I'll forgive you on behalf of the idiot gentleman concerned. :biggrin:

Thank you. Of course you're forgiven - anyway, you'll do it sometime, it's just taking a while... ;)

wafflycat

Maybe, but I'm not.

I just wanted someone to say apology accepted.

I still fret occasionally over an unintentionally hurtful thing I said to girl at secondary school, so you can see I get myself wound up sometimes...

Everyone does stupid/hurtful things at times, Arch. More than most IMO you've recognised it and genuinely feel remorse - a decent sort of quality to have.

TVC

Actually, I know the guy and he is an idiot, don't worry about it.
wink.gif

PaulB

Legendary Member

There's some on here who won't believe that is a sentence handed down in Magistrates' court.

TVC

:biggrin:

Thanks all.

At least I don't have to worry about avoiding his business - it's a computer game shop....

With regard to that sentence, what happens when celery is out of season?

There you go - an idiot without a girlfriend.

More to the point, when I met you, I noticed that you are a woman, so you most likely scared him.

Top Bottom