Someone likes my videos..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
downfader said:
Something I've said about before and I think is worth mentioning here again. Different cities seem to have different sets of behaviours for road users. So London will present a different cycling experience to Brighton, and Brighton to Southampton.

People often cite Amsterdam as a cycling utopia and forget it is the psychology of the road user that contributes greatly.

That's true although I have cycled in London on a fair number of occasions as my kids both live there but not as a commuter. Do other London commuters have so many similar issues?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
rich p said:
I'm starting to wonder if you're very unlucky or I ride cautiously and consciously to avoid trouble?

unlucky i hope, i always give way if i can avoid an incident. One problem is most of it is in rush hour. And people have the mentality must get home/to work and they just don't pay attention to others. As conscious as you are of them behind you, it's very hard to stop them from overtaking if they really want to. Even if your holding a good primary position in the road and a traffic island is coming up.

darkstar

Ha that video is class, though the anti cyclist trollers on youtube are getting tiresome. Same old argument every time.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
darkstar said:
Ha that video is class, though the anti cyclist trollers on youtube are getting tiresome. Same old argument every time.

Judging by the comments on the vid, they are almost completely illiterate as well.

On the 'incidents per ride' debate, at risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, I suppose speed/ riding style has a lot to do with it. Watching Gaz's and Mag's vids, they seem to be going at a hell of a rate. Nowt wrong with that of course, but it could lead to more incidents as motons often see a bike and are programmed to expect it to be v. slow and HAVE to get past it. They don't expect cyclists to be doing 20-30 mph and are unable to adjust their driving accordingly leading to trouble.

I rarely get any problems with motons but then I average only 12mph and tend to avoid main roads at all costs.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Hmm I appear to have been blocked from commenting on the ripped video. Perhaps my mentioning copyright and deformation of character were too much for them. :becool:

Gaz, any news from Youtube?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
downfader said:
Hmm I appear to have been blocked from commenting on the ripped video. Perhaps my mentioning copyright and deformation of character were too much for them. :becool:

Gaz, any news from Youtube?

none as of yet..

LOL! :smile: Brilliant! If this sort of thing happens take it as a compliment. You're obviously hitting someone's button! You do say Oi, rather a lot don't you! :biggrin:

Anyway, you haven't made it big, until someone devotes a blog to you. :becool::biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
BBC!

661-Pete said:
That 'Daisy' seems to have some issue with you swearing at 'woman with kids'. Well, I suppose a lot of us have done that, on the odd occasion.

I have done it once, in my recollection (actually it was a man with kids), some years ago. But in my defence, he had just hit my bike and trashed the back wheel. He had two little darlings in the back, dressed in Brownies uniform.

I'd love to have been a 'fly on the wall' when those girls next went to Brownies. Did it go like this:
BROWNIE: Please Miss, a nasty man shouted at Daddy in the car last week.
BROWN OWL: Did he now, dear?
BROWNIE: Yes Miss. He was saying all sort of naughty words. He shouted "What the F"-----
BROWN OWL: Now now dear, you know we don't have words like that, not at Brownies.
BROWNIE: But MISS! The nasty man really did say all those rude words. I think it was becos' Daddy had just knocked him down off his bike.
BROWN OWL: Oh ... errrmmm.....

The obvious question is... and what did Daddy say?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
magnatom said:
LOL! :smile: Brilliant! If this sort of thing happens take it as a compliment. You're obviously hitting someone's button! You do say Oi, rather a lot don't you! :biggrin:

Anyway, you haven't made it big, until someone devotes a blog to you. :becool::biggrin:

DAMN!!! i am jealous of you now!

Top Bottom