Someone point me at Scotland, please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kedab

Veteran
Yes fam! It's been time. Hope you're all well. I've just moved to Kirkliston in Scotland and could do with a much assist as possible regards roads, routes and journeys etc. Big hugs to you all. I've been away for quite some time.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
You're just down the road from me! Depending on how much you like to punish yourself, this might be all you need:

The Bathgate Alps

If you do Facebook, the West Lothian Cycling Hub is a good community & resource with links to local clubs & group rides. At least, I seem to remember such things from the Before Times...

See you out there, if the temperature ever gets above -5. ^_^

Yes fam! It's been time. Hope you're all well. I've just moved to Kirkliston in Scotland and could do with a much assist as possible regards roads, routes and journeys etc. Big hugs to you all. I've been away for quite some time.
Hello @kedab, welcome to Edinburgh/West Lothian. I’m in Colinton. Loads of nice roads in your vicinity, albeit badly potholed and often deeply puddled. The three local estates are good for cycling through, Dalmeny, Hopetoun and Dundas, and around Culross in Fife is good too. Around Linlithgow is also good.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
Thanks dude. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. All I need to do now is get used to thy weather and the slopes! (East Anglia is flat. Often breezy but generally flat!) 🙂

Alba Zeus

Über Member
Used to live in South Queensferry and commuted up to Edinburgh daily on the bike.

Head down towards Cramond and then you have a host of Edinburgh's cycle paths to choose from.

Over towards the forth bridge and from there lots of Fife to explore. If you have a gravel type bike the Fife Coastal Path is a good option. Passes some of the fishing villages up the East coast and it is relatively flat with some stunning views.

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
You're just down the road from me! Depending on how much you like to punish yourself, this might be all you need:

The Bathgate Alps

If you do Facebook, the West Lothian Cycling Hub is a good community & resource with links to local clubs & group rides. At least, I seem to remember such things from the Before Times...

See you out there, if the temperature ever gets above -5. ^_^
Hi! Thanks for the info/advice - I disappeared again... just getting my legs back under me after a long time off the bike so punishing hills... maybe not just yet but the weather!? Positively Mediterranean right now 😃

Top Bottom