Something a Bit Different for £1,500?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
My mate is looking for n+1. He has £1,500 to spend and ideally wants Carbon and Ultegra.

Doable, you say, but what he really wants is something quality, that does the job right, but also something he likes the look of and is a bit out of the ordinary.

That's less doable, you say. I hear you, but has anyone seen anything with decent discount that fits the above requirements and still lands up around £1,500?

Presently, he is fancying the Focus Cayo 2.0, that he has seen on a deal. Any other ideas based on this sort of bike?

cashy293

thanks for the post on my behalf

after yet another hour searching, i keep coming back to the focus. read many reviews and they all seem very positive. the frame is supposed to be superb and full ultegra for £1300 it seems like the best deal.

even had the ok from the wife :hyper:

cashy293

Th cube has certainly thrown a spanner in the works :banghead:

There is just too much choice. That or the focus. Decisions decisons. Not really feasible for me to test ride them either as none of my LBS stock either. :sad:

Yep,that's a good 'un;would take that any day over the dull old Defy for instance.

cashy293

After months of deliberation my Focus Cayo has finally arrived :hyper:

Really happy with it. The stem is maybe a little longer than I want but am getting a proper fitting this Friday so will know more then. And I have heard that red and black is by far the fastest colour scheme.

Put my old Fulcrum Quattro's on in place of the standard Fulcrum 6.5's too.
IMAG0821.jpg
IMAG0822.jpg
IMAG0823.jpg
IMAG0824.jpg
IMAG0825.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
After months of deliberation my Focus Cayo has finally arrived :hyper:

Really happy with it. The stem is maybe a little longer than I want but am getting a proper fitting this Friday so will know more then. And I have heard that red and black is by far the fastest colour scheme.

Put my old Fulcrum Quattro's on in place of the standard Fulcrum 6.5's too. View attachment 76954 View attachment 76955 View attachment 76956 View attachment 76957 View attachment 76958
That is lovely. Stem does look long doesn't it! I am sure you will soon get it set up perfectly for you. I like red and black myself. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Top Bottom