Is it new?

• Yes, it's new and annoying

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, it's been around for ages and is annoying

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don't have a TV

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Reaching out is anyone me at the moment. I don't reach out, I speak to people.

View: https://youtu.be/2EaflX0MWRo

D

Deleted member 23692

"In terms of" seems endemic these days and is usually spouted by people who are trying to sound informed and technical when all it demonstrates is poor command of the English language and sentence construction.

"Going forward" is used as a verbal full stop, and is totally disposable leaving the sentence unchanged if it's removed. It's usually used by the same type of folk who use "in terms of".

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Bread and circuses. (Juvenal, c. 100CE)

It's as old as rhetoric, and probably older.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
After moving forward and tackling the problem, important lessons will be learned and robust systems will be put in place. There will be regrets for any inconvenience and distress caused.
I was doing a bit of speaking to others at work this week and someone made a point of mentioning that we didn't just have to have frameworks we needed robust frameworks. I thanked them for their contribution and said that without it I would have carried on and implemented something which was pile of crap.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've said this before but it really does get on my wotsits. Why does every new office, workspace, canteen, community centre, church hall etc have to be called The Hub. Wtf is a hub? The diningroom at school has been rebranded the hub. Doesn't make school dinners any cooler or trendier!
Ha ha - @Littgull and I called in at a cafe yesterday. He pointed out the name as we left and commented that it was apt for a place that lots of cyclists stop at!

Greenmount cafe location.jpg

Ah - I thought that 'The Hub' looked like a new business - it was still a newsagent last year when the Streetview car went by! :laugh:

Top Bottom