Something cycle related (indicators) on tonight's Dragon's Den.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not sure what it is yet; just saw the trailer and it might be cycle lights related.
Just in case anyone is interested, it's on BBC2..........

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's the crap indicator lights thing again.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Surprised that they got a deal, and from a cyclist too :ohmy:.
He will of course be looking at it from a business POV rather than how practical they might or might not be.
Even if they could be pointless, dangerous, and ineffective; there might be enough stupid people willing to buy them to make it profitable.

Globalti

Legendary Member
They'll sell but I don't think those guys will get rich. They are a bit gimmicky aren't they! Maybe the cash will help them develop something useful like a rotating spike that gouges the tyres of cars that pass too close.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've got indicators on my bike, nowt wrong with them.....they're also called "hands"

That's the reason a couple of Dragons gave as to why it's a crap idea. Drivers expects arm/hand signals rather then lights.

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Cut from one person or more?
Cut from the still quivering dead bodies of my enemies....or possibly kittens, in which case they become my cat's paws......

Drago

Legendary Member
Can't see it'll make riders any safer. They'll be like car drivers who tend to use indicators as a substitute for looking.

Last edited:
Is it https://www.cycl.co.uk/ ? Handlebars makes mounting and using simple, but won't your body obscure it for a lot of people behind you?

Yep, they're the ones and the same reason as a couple of Dragons gave as to why they are crap.

They'll be monitoring the website hits and getting excited at prospective buyers, little knowing it's us nobbers having a look at their ridiculous lights

Top Bottom