Something for a wet windy Saturday, the legend Fred Dibnah.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.....if I could put together a list of people I'd like to be down the pub with......

Fred Dibnah
Jack Hargreaves
Phil Harding

.....doubt there'd ever be any awkward silences with those three - tall tales aplenty .........:cheers:

Dibnah stated that he'd like the same. but with Brunel & Telford

Add Guy Martin to the list, to talk to Fred, & there'd be a lot of engineering talk
Maybe James (ex Top Gear) May too?

.....come to think of it, I'd also add Mark Williams. Recently watched his railway series again, and industrial revelations - very knowledgeable and entertaining............................suits you sir.

Suppose a female ought to included, just to keep the PC mob happy. I'll nominate Lucy Worsley, enjoy watching her history programs.
She's also a Reading girl...........................and someone's gotta drive us all home at closing time :laugh:

.....come to think of it, I'd also add Mark Williams. Recently watched his railway series again, and industrial revelations - very knowledgeable and entertaining............................suits you sir.

Mark Williams was (indeed!!) a Revelation!!!
It would seem that the Industrial Revelations series were made for sale to Schools, so the inclusion of a Harry Potter star would get them extra sales
(doubt most kids would know him from 'The Fast Show', but teachers may?)

His enthusiasm for the subject matter was wonderful
As it was when Adam Hart-Davies presented his 'What The Victorians Did For Us'

Suppose a female ought to included, just to keep the PC mob happy. I'll nominate Lucy Worsley, enjoy watching her history programs.
She's also a Reading girl...........................and someone's gotta drive us all home at closing time :laugh:
What about Claire Barrett from Salvage Squad? (if you remember that?)

More recently?
Helen Stanley, from Goblin Works Garage? :wub:
and...…….. https://www.alice-roberts.co.uk/ :wub::wub:

Apologies, not the best of images, but I have these

winjim

Smash the cistern

Jesus Christ

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Interesting guy.
Hard (for me) to believe but I did that back in the 70s. Not the physical knocking down part though.
I went up the old Tetley Walker chimney which was 300 feet. Straight ladder, no hoops, no harness, no hard hat.
I climbed over the top section as you see Fred doing.........that part was fine, it was climbing back over to get back on the ladder I found a bit scary.
Wouldn't have thought a hard hat would have done you any good.

...one of his quotes about being a steeplejack 'you make a mistake in this game, and it's half a day off at the undertakers'
He got a full day, with Bolton practically brought to a standstill

The on-duty Watch, at the Fire Station, all stood to attention outside, with the appliances 'blues' lit:notworthy:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfjniMrSI8

Top Bottom