Sometimes it's the simplest things that fix things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
For weeks now my Humax freeview box has been giving me problems.When playing recorded tv programs or using the time slip feature,the picture would stutter randomly.Live tv was perfect apart from the epg and the volume would often freeze. Convinced the hardrive was on it's way out I resigned myself it's going to be a new freeview box/recorder that was needed.
This evening it was particularly bad and as there nothing worth watching on TV I dusted down my old DVD player to watch some dvds.
Whilst connecting it all up I noticed the freeview box was starting to glitch again when I disturbed to connections.
As daft as it sounds it turned out to be the power supply was not quite fully plugged into the freeview box.Once fully plugged in, it's now working perfectly.
So over Christmas ive been watching a stuttering tv and a freezing freeview box when all that was needed was it to be plugged into the mains probably.
If I had a brain cell I swear to God it would be lonely 😅

alicat

Legendary Member
I'm *glad* it's not just me that that happens to!

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I went out rabbit shooting once with my Dad, I drove the car whilst he was out the sunroof popping off bunnies. On our way back to the farm we found that we couldn't select 2nd gear. Fearing the gearbox was knackered, we asked our local mechanic to have a look. He was about to take the car apart when he noticed something; an empty shotgun cartridge had fallen between a rip in the gear stick gator and was jamming it!

Top Bottom