Sometimes SMIDSY can be fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not far from the office I go through a multi lane rbt.
Whilst passing one two lane entry, the nearest car gives way and Silver Van Man undertakes him (plenty of room/ time for him to do so). As per 90% of the time the car behind follows out like a sheep so I give them the eye and take the evasive action required; as a coincidence they go to the same exit as me and about 150m up the road is a signlised junction which the accelerate too as fast as possible and then runs the red.
I get round the rest of my lunch time ride without incident and just south of the rbt is a minor juntion and SMIDSY pulls out, hey ho, I just need to touch my brakes and then can continue at my normal speed to the rbt; coincidence again he's going the same way as me, when despite the wide three lane entry with wide lanes and moving off from a stopped position, he manages to clip the kerb.
Am I that intimidating :rolleyes:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Is that the huge roundabout near Queensgate? Peterborough is full to the red line with mad roundabouts.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Is that the huge roundabout near Queensgate? Peterborough is full to the red line with mad roundabouts.
The Boongate/ Eastfield Road one. I cant think of one substantial road without a Rbt in Peterborough, as you say Peterborough is full of them. I think its a 'new town' thing, the 'new towns' (East Kilbride, Cubernauld and Glenrothes) are similar.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I don't understand any of this post.

A roundabout is a big round(ish) thing, which is a crucial part in a game whereby drivers of auto mobiles challenge themselves and other road users by trying to fit their vehicles through the smallest possible gaps at the highest possible speed. If you can leave a roundabout with your tyres squealing you are awarded extra points, if you get tyre squeal leaving a roundabout whilst riding a bicycle then you win the game.

Clearer?

Top Bottom