Son has crashed his Triban, Borked STI shifter ... any bargains out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Evening all.
Against my better judgement son has been riding Triban his 3 to school (... all the other boys ride theirs ....), anyhow, today a car cut him up on a corner and he swerved to avoid being rear-ended by 'a revving car'. Bashed knee fixed by school nurse ....
But, it's knackered the RHS STI shifter. Anyone know where I might get a cheap replacement?
I can get a pair of Shimano 8 spd triple 2300 for about £120 delivered from Wiggle. Any better deals? Anyone have one similar languishing in their spares box?
Cheers
FF
Copy of IMG_0756.JPG
Copy of IMG_0757.JPG
Copy of IMG_0759.JPG

musa

Über Member

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If you aren't already sorted and wanted to half a set from eBay or something I would be interested! Girlfriend came off of her Triban last Sunday and smashed the left hand shifter!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If you aren't already sorted and wanted to half a set from eBay or something I would be interested! Girlfriend came off of her Triban last Sunday and smashed the left hand shifter!
Cheers, I'll see what comes back from accountantpete. Otherwise that sounds a good arrangement.

Pic now up on ad - I'd say that the RSX and Sora 8 spd are pretty much the same.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gti Junior did exactly the same thing so now we have one damaged RH shifter and a good LH shifter. Anybody want?

I bought a pair of used Sora shifters from a LBS, they were a bit scratched up so I sanded the scratches out then sprayed the black plastic bit with clear lacquer and... they look like new! Result!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gti Junior did exactly the same thing so now we have one damaged RH shifter and a good LH shifter. Anybody want?

I bought a pair of used Sora shifters from a LBS, they were a bit scratched up so I sanded the scratches out then sprayed the black plastic bit with clear lacquer and... they look like new! Result!

My gf needs the left after her spill the other week (hers still works but the black plastic broke and is sharp and leaves the innards open to nip your fingers), how much do you want mate?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Erm.... how about a tenner plus postage?

Can she wait a week? I'm in Africa until next Saturday. If you need it really urgently I'll ask Mrs Gti to weigh it and let you know the postage and you can send us the lolly by Paypal.

I work in Bury so we could meet somewhere the week after and avoid the postage.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Erm.... how about a tenner plus postage?

Can she wait a week? I'm in Africa until next Saturday. If you need it really urgently I'll ask Mrs Gti to weigh it and let you know the postage and you can send us the lolly by Paypal.

I work in Bury so we could meet somewhere the week after and avoid the postage.

That sounds awesome, I'll take it, she can wait a week, that's not a problem :smile:

Top Bottom