Songs that hit you straight between the eyes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob S

This DID hit me between the eyes....first time I heard it I watched it a couple more times and then immediately rushed in to town and bought both her albums.

Emiliana Torrini.....Sunny Road (an award winning video too).

Jaded

Rob S said:
This DID hit me between the eyes....first time I heard it I watched it a couple more times and then immediately rushed in to town and bought both her albums.

I see why. :evil:

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
Rob S said:

I heard her on Mark Radcliffe's show on Radio 2 and thought it sounded good. Somehow the album didn't grab me though. If you hadn't already bought it I'd send it to you.

Dave5N

Über Member
Jaded said:
Now, I don't believe you all have been posting songs that hit you straight between the eyes, have you now! You've been trawling YouTube looking for memories or for oddities!

Earlier I posted up Leftfield/Lydon as the song that made me stop in my tracks.

Now I post up another song that hit me between the eyes, like a Magnum bullet.

Between the eyes? Below the belt more like.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Dayvo said:
Getting back on topic! :biggrin:

First time I heard Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells' - the original one!
I was in pleasurable shock for days! :tongue:

Tubular Bells. Oh, that takes me back. The first time I heard Tubular Bells was while I was busily losing...erm, not sure how to phrase this...:sad:...something I didn't seem to need anymore.
I was in pleasurable shock too.:tongue:

Jaded

TheDoctor said:
Tubular Bells. Oh, that takes me back. The first time I heard Tubular Bells was while I was busily losing...erm, not sure how to phrase this...:?:...something I didn't seem to need anymore.
I was in pleasurable shock too.;)

That's quite a long dump.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Dave5N said:
Bloody hell. Tubular Bells goes on for hours.*

Not bad for a first timer. ;)

* and it seems like days

I did have time for seconds. And thirds, as I recall.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Van Halen : Eruption.

First time I heard it I almost wet meself!! ;)

BTW BTFB, that 1st Malmsteen album is a classic! (as you well know)

Rob S said:

She also sings with the Thievery Corporation. More eclectic styles, but worth checking out. This is my favourite she sings on.

Rob S

Rhythm Thief said:
I heard her on Mark Radcliffe's show on Radio 2 and thought it sounded good. Somehow the album didn't grab me though. If you hadn't already bought it I'd send it to you.

That's a shame you don't like it....I presume the album you are refering to is Fisherman's Woman....Love In The Time Of Science has a lot more life....and instruments.....although both are my favourite music to ride to.

I think she's the cutest woman in the universe, and to close I will post the fabulous clip of her singing a big band version of Tainted Love from Piccadilly Jim. It's such a shame it's not available without all the crap acting all over it :rolleyes:

Rob S

Keith Oates said:
<I think she's the cutest woman in the universe,>

She's good but I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's not just based on that clip....and not just her looks but her personality during interviews, concerts and videos such as Dead Things...a Cutefest in a bingo hall.

Top Bottom