Songs that hit you straight between the eyes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

yorkshiregoth said:
Doubt many people will have heard of her but Rie Fu - a very talented Japanese singer/songwriter. The lyrics for this song really reach out to me:

that is particulary awful, having listened to it

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
No, Here's the thread closer. Gets really good around 1.50.
Beat that!

Mate, I don't wish to be rude,but that's embarassing. You wanna compare 'Little Wing' with 'I wanna talk about the blues, Yeah'?

'I don' wanna play the blues I play rock and roll.' The Manics were more convincing with 'we destroy Rock 'n' Roll'
try this again and turn the volume up.

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
Hmmm. Never really was a Hendrix fan I'm afraid. I suppose he could play a bit, but his sound never did it for me and he always sounds as if he's out of tune and has taken too much acid. I appreciate that this is a bit rich coming from someone who posted this earlier in the thread.:evil::evil:

Speaking as a fellow guitarist, i know what you mean, he's too overwhelming. And the non-guitarists only like him because they don't know what they're on about.

Dave5N

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
Hmmm. Never really was a Hendrix fan I'm afraid. I suppose he could play a bit, but his sound never did it for me and he always sounds as if he's out of tune and has taken too much acid. I appreciate that this is a bit rich coming from someone who posted this earlier in the thread.:evil::evil:

I suppose :evil:

"White boy blues"?? But Jon Spencer himself devoted a large part of the song elucidating in great detail and at some length as to how he "don't play no blues" (hmmm, I suppose if you're being picky that could be construed as a double negative), but instead chooses to regale his audience with "rock and roll". Repeat to fade ...:evil:

Top Bottom