Songs that hit you straight between the eyes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Harry Nillson will always be remembered for Without You, but equally good in my eyes is
'Jump Into The Fire'...

TheDoctor said:
Don't remember hearing that at the time.

Since I have a worrying liking for China In Your Hand, and indeed most of T'Pau, I'm not in a position to offer an opinion, I suspect. Nothing Compares 2 U makes the hairs on my neck stand on end.
I also own copy of The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush. Gave me goosebumps when I first heard it...:biggrin::blush::shy:
And I fancied Carol Decker...

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep - Middle of the road

Blimey this takes me back,last time i heard(sorry;)) this,i was eight or nine in happy valley beach cafe in cyprus,it was always playing on the record machine.

Abitrary

col said:
Blimey this takes me back,last time i heard(sorry;)) this,i was eight or nine in happy valley beach cafe in cyprus,it was always playing on the record machine.

best thing to come out of scotland that band

col

Legendary Member
Two Little Boys always did it for me.

As did Billy, don't be a Hero.

And this about the same time,a friend and i did a stage act based on this,dressed in the british red and white helmet uniform,on wooden horses,at the cubs annual show in cycprus too,:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Chuffy said:
Carol Decker and Captain Jack? Tart! :biggrin:

You're only jealous.:smile:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Joy Division-Dead Souls....seriously intense
The Smiths-There Is A Light That Never Goes Out...makes you want to laugh and cry all at once
Echo and The Bunnymen- The Killing Moon [the 12 inch version]....ancient stones circles beneath a gibbous moon

Abitrary

Dave5N said:
I wanted hanging out and hung up on the line, but it isn't on youtube.

Alright then, 'ave this then

More teardrop explodes - Passionate Friend

The babababa chorus was sung incessantly in the corridors of primary school for at least a month.

Top Bottom