Songs that hit you straight between the eyes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobg

Über Member
You really have to be truly madly in love for this one - never bettered and still gives me a lump in my throat ....Ketty Lester Love Letters 1962

Sounds like one for baggy to chuffy !! Aaaahhh

bobg said:
You really have to be truly madly in love for this one - never bettered and still gives me a lump in my throat ....Ketty Lester Love Letters 1962

Sounds like one for baggy to chuffy !! Aaaahhh

Heh, you'd need to change that to Love E-mails. Ta though...:sad:

col

Legendary Member
One song that somehow catapulted me back to my school days was "Seventy four,seventy five" by the Connels,It just hit me as a very nostalgic sound,and definitely hit me between the eyes.

gbb

Legendary Member
One of the few songs that send shivers down me (specially the last minute of the track...almost orgasmic)...Bjork, Pagan Poetry.

(not only that, but with this vid you get a weird mix of Bjorks nipples, body piercing and special effects...wierd :biggrin::biggrin::sad: )

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Chuffy said:
I still remember the first time that I heard Two Tribes by FGTH. Absolutely blew me away.

Excellent track. Listened to it just the other day.

Chuffy said:
There's a very obscure song that I heard once, on TOTP, back in the early 80s. It was called Midnight Blue, I have no idea who it's by. A friend of mine had a copy and played it for me a few years ago. It had been stuck in my mind for nearly 20 years and hearing it again was amazing.

Early 80s...Foreigner, maybe? Various people have recorded a song called Midnight Blue - ELO, Lou Gramm, Vanessa Williams, but I think Foreigner is probably the right era. Or maybe Chris Rea, but that might be a bit late.

TheDoctor said:
Early 80s...Foreigner, maybe? Various people have recorded a song called Midnight Blue - ELO, Lou Gramm, Vanessa Williams, but I think Foreigner is probably the right era. Or maybe Chris Rea, but that might be a bit late.
Er, no. It was a lady, it was very...Euro. Video (iirc) was shot at night in a castle or something. Bugger, I'm going to have to search for it now....

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Chuffy said:
Ohmigod....:biggrin::blush:

Don't remember hearing that at the time.

Since I have a worrying liking for China In Your Hand, and indeed most of T'Pau, I'm not in a position to offer an opinion, I suspect. Nothing Compares 2 U makes the hairs on my neck stand on end.

Top Bottom