Songs that hit you straight between the eyes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
right between your eyebrows pure class.

Dave5N

Über Member
Dayvo said:
...as did Jon and Vangelis' 'I'll Find My Way Home'...

:sad::biggrin:

Aperitif said:
Nice

"Nah this one..." :sad:

Actually, the all time favourite is Free Bird - 33 years plus of loving this tune - a bit too long for youtube...:wacko:

Nah, redneck bigotry

mondobongo said:
right between your eyebrows pure class.

Nah, wosre thing the Clash ever did

User76 said:

Nah, this is the one, compulsory listening for all dads. Listen to it all, it's only 4 minutes of your life.

4 Minutes? Felt like 4 days.

jashburnham

One of my all time faves

Hey - The Pixies:

And

Gold Lion - Yeah Yeah Yeah's:

+1 for Cash's version of Hurt though.

llllllll

Esquerita, Oh Baby

Sorry about the slightly dodgy video, there's nothing on Youtube with the man himself and very little on the 'net. But just listen to the intro, best heard loud.

I still remember the first time that I heard Two Tribes by FGTH. Absolutely blew me away.

There's a very obscure song that I heard once, on TOTP, back in the early 80s. It was called Midnight Blue, I have no idea who it's by. A friend of mine had a copy and played it for me a few years ago. It had been stuck in my mind for nearly 20 years and hearing it again was amazing.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
The first time I heard this (Eva Cassidy - Fields of gold) it made the hairs on my neck stand up - extremely beautiful and haunting.

Such a sad story about her - taken very early by cancer. :sad:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
For a little bit of variety (it being the spice of life, and all) - this is one of my all time favourite 'songs'.

The chorus with the two singers together is outstanding... always sends shivers up my spine.

It's a duet from Bizet's Pearl Fishers called "Au Fond Du Temple Saint", and is available here.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Fab Foodie said:
You know the ones...they knock you sideways he first ime you hear them.

Here's one..I caught it on the Jool Holland show years ago and have only just found it. It's Bjork singing 'Joga' misspelt 'yoga' on this particular live version.
Bjork is like Marmite, you either love her or hate her...if you're in the hate camp still try this...it's sublime and for reasons I dont understand it always makes my eyes smile with water:blush:

it's not a misspelling, jóga is the correct title.

Top Bottom