Soundbars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
So ..... new fire on order , be here tomorrow. So plans a foot to start install. This weekend, question n the Dolby atmos sound bar. I’m thinking that this really should not be sunk into the wall but mounted on the surface ? So I also think the TV will have to be the same .

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
hey look what is in the news! The best sound bars of 2021!
And lo the Roku is no 1 pick :okay:

D

Deleted member 26715

Just bought a new Sony TV & disappointed with the sound, I think it's possibly our hearing, anyway Amazon have the Roku at £129 delivery tomorrow, do I also need an optical cable or will a HDMI suffice?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Works started !! Fireplace removed.Some rework of framing to fit new fire planned. Hopefully by weekend I should have it all done:training:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’m trying to avoid the coving replacement !! We had a log fire put in down stairs and the guys managed similar albeit they went a bit higher near to the ceiling !! All in hand !! At least now I can get wood across to support TV brackets etc.

D

Deleted member 26715

How about setting the TV & stuff back inside the opening?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Mr Grumpy, don't know if your breast is real (brick) or just plasterboard like mine.

When I built it due to my phobia / obsession of not having cables / plugs showing I repositioned all the sockets in the cavity behind and a "door" into the false chimney breast.

Door closed
View attachment 574060

Door open
View attachment 574061
Mr Grumpy, don't know if your breast is real (brick) or just plasterboard like mine.

When I built it due to my phobia / obsession of not having cables / plugs showing I repositioned all the sockets in the cavity behind and a "door" into the false chimney breast.

Door closed
View attachment 574060

Door open
View attachment 574061
Just seen this, neat idea. I’m not going to go to all that bother. We will be buying a side unit to keep cable modem , Xbox and etc in . Also TV is going to be surface mount as at some point I’m sure I’ll buy something bigger !!

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just seen this, neat idea. I’m not going to go to all that bother. We will be buying a side unit to keep cable modem , Xbox and etc in . Also TV is going to be surface mount as at some point I’m sure I’ll buy something bigger !!
It must have been an eternity ago but I remember seeing a couple of photos of a big Sony Trinitron TV mounted flush in a wall. The second photo showed the room behind the wall with a load of brick rubble and the body of the tv protruding ^_^
Almost certainly a spoof but very funny at the time.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd be taking the whole thing out, assuming I could save that coving.
My sister bought a property as a buy-to-let. The lounge had a massive fake chimney breast with a little electric wall heater mounted to it. I (correctly) surmised that there had once been a gas fire. We both thought it looked naff and was a complete waste of space so I asked her if she would like me to destroy it! 10 minutes later...

:laugh:

You can see a vent where air came in for the old gas fire. There was also a disconnected metal flue pipe just out of sight at the top.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My sister bought a property as a buy-to-let. The lounge had a massive fake chimney breast with a little electric wall heater mounted to it. I (correctly) surmised that there had once been a gas fire. We both thought it looked naff and was a complete waste of space so I asked her if she would like me to destroy it! 10 minutes later...

View attachment 574508

:laugh:

You can see a vent where air came in for the old gas fire. There was also a disconnected metal flue pipe just out of sight at the top.
It was a gas fire originally in ours as well ! Previous owner had it capped off and and had an electric fire fitted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom