Soundbars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
External speakers are definitely worth it but when I looked into this some years ago, sound bars seemed very poor value for money and I ended up getting some high quality PC speakers instead (Microlab) for about £50 - two main units and a sub-woofer. Connected through headphone socket, works great.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
lol it was only about 12" long. not like I had a tiki bar in there!

I'm just jealous.

I'd love one of those 70s Yank tanks we see in films and cop shows over here.

Maybe a Lincoln or a Caddy, something with a bonnet, sorry, hood the size of a snooker table.

Trouble is it wouldn't fit on our roads.

Our motorways, sorry, freeways are barely any wider than smalltown Main Street, USA.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm just jealous.

Maybe a Lincoln or a Caddy, something with a bonnet, sorry, hood the size of a snooker table.

Our motorways, sorry, freeways are barely any wider than smalltown Main Street, USA.
I Hired a Lincoln 'Town Car' once when collecting customers in Cleveland OH like below:

1613476860512.png

It was like driving a football field, I did several laps of the Hertz complex before I took it out on the highway to the terminal and collect my guests.

Some days later I was asked to take the boys for a night-out here:

1613477105235.png

It was the perfect pimp-mobile. Those were different times indeed....

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I don't want anything huge or flashy. The boot - sorry, TRUNK - just needs to have room to easily cram two bodies/suspects into.
This was our frequent topic of conversation when we went to view new cars ! Ask the salesman to open the boot so we could judge how many bodies we could fit in . :laugh:

I'm just jealous.

I was eye-balling this 1998 Toyota Celica GT convertible the other day. would be good on yer roads

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
A bit too 80s for me, and I'd prefer something with two doors to enhance the ludicrousness of it.

Something like the tubby 'tec Frank Cannon drove.

The boot was so big, the spare wheel needed a shaped trunk lid to accommodate it.

I don't think packaging was the strongest suit of those cars.

A few pics of the Cannonmobile here:

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/cannons-mark-iv
My neighbour in S. London used to have one in metallic schitt brown....lot of space under the bonnet....

Top Bottom