Soundsystem trailer project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TC99

Regular
I am looking for trailer suppliers as I am designing a mobile sound system pulled by one of my cycles. It will need to be robust and suspension would go well.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Are you planning on doing a D&B bike ride?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I am looking for trailer suppliers as I am designing a mobile sound system pulled by one of my cycles. It will need to be robust and suspension would go well.
there's been a few CC members building their own trailers. Maybe search the forum for ideas. Something so specific might be best built by yourself utilising BMX wheels or by chopping up a robust pushchair.

Drago

Legendary Member
Our man @Accy cyclist has been working on one. I believe he's just trying to source some wheels.

DSC05380__70506.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
Does the suspension have to be on the trailer(it'll add to the price) or can you put the suspension on the sound system?

biketrailerguy

I am looking for trailer suppliers as I am designing a mobile sound system pulled by one of my cycles. It will need to be robust and suspension would go well
What exactly do you want to carry? Size/dimensions ? swept volume, weight - and how distributed re CofG considerations?
Which parts - specifically would you prefer to be protected from shock loads / vibrations etc?
Storage when not in use - collapsible / folding or not?
Ebike or not / total weight target - what access to materials / tools etc do you have?
Real pros and cons of single v twin wheel rigs for your specific needs - not related to whether one or the other pops up at a 'good' price.
When stationary, a single wheel trailer will need two extra support points - a two wheel trailer only needs one.

there's been a few CC members building their own trailers. Maybe search the forum for ideas. Something so specific might be best built by yourself utilising BMX wheels or by chopping up a robust pushchair.
I'm one.
Nothing around for my requirements so made my own based on a stroller buggy frame - and it folds - no details here, see appropriate forum (projects, builds etc)
'Robust' I would most definitely question, based on the final all up weight. There are way too many examples of overweight trailers around for the loads being typically carried. Any extra weight is a right pita - especially if using a normal bike (as I am)
This interests me. For that sort of price I can afford to buy all the bits and a welder and make two, sell one and crack on
No welding involved with mine. I have no idea whether you can weld, but if not, buying a welder and starting from scratch - especially if proposing using thin gauge material - best of luck.

nellietheelephant

But we don't want to hear your noise, so called music, as we cycle by. Just wear headphones and stop showboating. "Look at me everyone, I've got a sound system on my bike, and just listen to my amazing taste in music!". :stop:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I just bought second hand Bob Yak, and I love it. I know the newer versions have suspension, but the one I have is certainly more than capable of carrying a sound system.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/trailer...-for-26-28-inch-wheels-with-qr-yak-sak-black/

I found that if you had more than about 20Kg the whole thing seemed a bit unstable. I used one for touring for a while and while it was good for single track roads I had to prune my load quite a bit to well under that load which may actually have been a good thing.
What is proposed may be a bit heavy for comfort.
I should have sorted out a photo before I post this but perhaps later.

Jody

Stubborn git
Are you planning on doing a D&B bike ride?

One of the speaker stacks that join this rave/ride is impressive. It's massive and has some really heavy bass. One person ride on the back of a trailor with it and the other on an EEB that pulls it along.

Can't wait for this years ride.

Slick

Guru
I found that if you had more than about 20Kg the whole thing seemed a bit unstable. I used one for touring for a while and while it was good for single track roads I had to prune my load quite a bit to well under that load which may actually have been a good thing.
What is proposed may be a bit heavy for comfort.
I should have sorted out a photo before I post this but perhaps later.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I did have quite a load on my return journey and I was certainly aware of it. I'm not exactly sure of how heavy it was, but I wouldn't have liked much more on it. I reckon it will do nicely for what I want it for though.

Top Bottom