South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
BrumJim said:
A little tip - the quiet Scottish one is secretly a cycling legend. He left me for dead going up the Halesowen by-pass.

*Splutter!* I fear you have me confused with Lance Armstrong. Anyway, you were right behind me much of the way. I'd be more than happy to pace you up the hills. 16 mph all right for you? (Think of it as interval training :evil:)

I'm definitely up for another session, though not until next week. Hagley Wood Lane sounds interesting. Longer, flatter routes? Is that possible round these parts??

The Stourbridge CC saturday am route is less hilly than round clent and the full route from Quarry Bank is 77km but can be cut shorter quite easily

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
Same climb up Romsley, and same climb up the Clents, but no Lickey climb.

How about a different route covering Hagley Wood Lane and Mucklow Hill? Or a flatter but longer route?

Anyone up for a bit of route generation/guiding?

How about same start but down the Dual Carriageway A456 to Hagley (Aston Martin Garage it's 1/2 mile from the road where we turned off to clent then head off towards Belbroughton via the route we went with Lifeson and then maybe head upto Romsley from Fairfield way

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/halesowen/740127005785593359

Or Just go up Hagley Wood Lane and then upto Romsley and wherever from there.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Looks good. I think I'll need an early start week Saturday as we have visitors coming. I'll probably have to drive to the start point.

So, less climbing, but how about a bit more speed?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Paul:

You've met me. Did I seem to be a super-fit endurance nutter cyclist? Even had chance for a few chats on the way round last time. My guess is that you'll be fine.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
i was on the last ride jim, on the saracen. I'm also called Paul. Your not getting us mixed up are you? Although User's description sounds very similar lol. I was looking at a route last night. Same start point down manor way onto to bewdley and back via clent upto the cafe an back down to the dual where we split last time. I think it came out at just over 30 miles.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Mr P. Lizard:
No confusion. I have met User and yourself. As far as I read it, User was claiming that our riding would be too strenuous for him. Don't think I agree. As far as you are concerned, I didn't see you have too many problems in keeping up with us that couldn't be sorted out by one or two more similar rides. It was only on the biggest hills that you struggled. However I would have to do some serious fitness training to keep up with Mr Wobble.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
ok no worries just checking, yeah i agree it's the big hills which show the holes in my fitness. I'm gonna do clent again sometime over the weekend, try and get the legs used to the bigger climbs.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Due to inclement weather forecast, none was scheduled.

However due to incorrect weather forecast, I am sitting here looking outside and feeling somewhat disappointed.

Oh well, at least I'll have time to put the bike computer on.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
it's got to be dry tomorrow. So i shall go for a ride then. Busy in the garden today with plenty of jobs found for me by my better half. Just up clent and seen a few out riding made me wish i was out with them oh well!

Downward

Guru
Yeah from oo it's going to rain all weekend to it's now a bit sunny.

Woke up with a cold and sore throat so maybe 5 days off the bike may be beneficial.

Next Saturday though weather dependent ? (Personally I suffer the rain commuting but don't see any enjoyment in going out for a ride in it)

Top Bottom