South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Now new route for 22nd May on page 12.

If you are new to this thread, note that this will be constantly updated with the latest run.

My big plan is for a double loop on 22nd May - so that new-commers can have a good ride with us, but those with improving fitness can push themselves for the second half of the run.

This post will be continuously updated.

This Saturday morning - 27th.

Start time and location TBC, as is the route, but something similar to this one:
Route

About 20 miles, at a moderate pace - you'll be amongst dedicated 6 mile commuters pushing it much further than usual.

Suggest 8:30?

Wobblers

Euthermic
Count me in for this one. The weather forecast for Saturday's actually looking nice- better than Friday or Sunday anyway so it should be good. Same time and place as before?

StuartG

slower but further
Aaargh - what a route around my nearly all my childhood favourites. Watching cricket opposite the Bluebird - eating them (my aunt worked there. walton Hill & Clent Hill (my mum and dad had their wartime honeymoon there, Belbroughton ...

Sadly I'll be still heading for Brighton when you set off. Have a pint at the Bell for me. Keep on organising more rides - I hope I might get back there one summer's day...

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Never done it on my old bike without stopping. Now I have better legs and a better bike. And friends to help me pace it.
Fairly relentless. Gets steeper and steeper as you go up, IIRC.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
Never done it on my old bike without stopping. Now I have better legs and a better bike. And friends to help me pace it.
Fairly relentless. Gets steeper and steeper as you go up, IIRC.

Oh excellent !!! :biggrin:

I'll be bringing food and drink this time then and will be having some porridge for breakfast.

As long as you know the way

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
hi i'm up for giving it ago. I don't know the route much, well i know clent side but not to sure on the birmingham side. how does the meeting up work.I'm in stourbridge.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Ignore the map - we'll meet at the A456 (Manor Way) just near Halesowen Cycle Club (but not joining them) just by Grange Hill road exit. Time of 8:30 sounds fine (since I may be brave enough to cycle from home).
I might be bringing a work colleague with me. Bring what you need in terms of water, snacks.
I'll have a frame pump. If we have a spare tube or two between us and a simple tool kit, shouldn't be a problem. Bring a few coins - colleague is tempted to go for a bacon break at the top of St Kenelms Pass.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
Ignore the map - we'll meet at the A456 (Manor Way) just near Halesowen Cycle Club (but not joining them) just by Grange Hill road exit. Time of 8:30 sounds fine (since I may be brave enough to cycle from home).
I might be bringing a work colleague with me. Bring what you need in terms of water, snacks.
I'll have a frame pump. If we have a spare tube or two between us and a simple tool kit, shouldn't be a problem. Bring a few coins - colleague is tempted to go for a bacon break at the top of St Kenelms Pass.

Is there a Mcdonalds at the top of Romsley ?!

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'll be going back to Hagley Road, so either route suits me. Your route, Downward, includes a fairly long climb on Birmingham Road - but if you're used to Mucklow Hill, I don't suppose it will pose too much difficulty!

Downward

Guru
Shall we stick to the orignal plan this time then ?

I have the dentist in 2 hours, got horrendous toothache so booked myself in. Hopefully should be ok for tmoz. I have got to cycle home in a hour anyway so it'll probably take my mind of it. Well that and some strong Ibuprofen.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Downward said:
Shall we stick to the orignal plan this time then ?

I have the dentist in 2 hours, got horrendous toothache so booked myself in. Hopefully should be ok for tmoz. I have got to cycle home in a hour anyway so it'll probably take my mind of it. Well that and some strong Ibuprofen.

Ouch! Hope the dentist sorted things out...

8:30 on the Grange Hill - A456 intersection then?

Top Bottom