South Wales - > London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daviejer

Hi,

My brother and I are riding from South Wales to London on Sustrans 4 next week. We are looking to do the route (~200 miles) in around 2 days.

Has anyone does this route before and if so do you have any tips/ideas for accomodation for the first night.

Cheers

Jez

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Not done it, although it sounds fun (if hard work). I'd try www.viamichelin.com and get the best route for cycling (check 'options') and then split it pretty much half way.

We did this form Gloucester to London and it is fine in most places - but not "fast" the canal paths can be slow due to fishermen and their large poles on the track, pedestrians and dogs.

Equally in places the syrface is not conducive if the weather has ben bad.

It shuld be "doable" but do allow for long days if required.

ian_oli

Über Member
An alternative would be to follow the "Severn Across" (google it) Audax route from Chepstow to Gerrard St Peters near London. It is on proper minor roads and very scenic. You might want to adapt the last bit to head straight into London.

LLB

200 miles on bridleways and canal paths in 2 days, that is like riding for about 18 hours a day on a rough surface ;)

On minor roads maybe, but very ambitious given the nature of some of the sustrans routes.

Top Bottom