FNRttC Southend Ride Friday 10th March 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This was the 2014 ride calendar

21 March Southend via Stock
17 April Brighton (Thursday) via ???
3 May Belgium (possibly)
9 May Felpham via Faygate
16 May York to Hull
22/23/24 May Paris (hopefully not so hot)
6 June Whitstable via Strood
4th July Burnham-on-Crouch via Stock
11 July Brighton via ???
18 July S. Wales
8 Aug Southwold non-stop
15 Aug Whitstable via Strood
5 Sep Brighton via ???
12 Sep Southwold (possibly)
10 Oct Felpham via Faygate
7 Nov Southend via Junction 31
Photo file says created 17 June 2014.... :-(

hatler

Guru
It was a very deliberate, outrageous, and threatening piece of driving in a fecking great double-decker bus. My regret is that I was persuaded to move out of the way during the conversation with the police officers, which allowed the bus driver to make off scot free.
Did anyone get the plate ? Don't all London buses have video cameras recording now ?

It was a very deliberate, outrageous, and threatening piece of driving in a fecking great double-decker bus. My regret is that I was persuaded to move out of the way during the conversation with the police officers, which allowed the bus driver to make off scot free.
I am so sorry, I was watching the driver's face and became convinced he was going to move forward on you. :sad:

They were a complete disgrace, to the Met and to their badges.

Fab Foodie

This file in the same sequence as this but was dated as being taken on 22 March 0043....but I didn't take it....

P1030204.JPG

Trickedem

Guru
A little more info....

Firstly my route. In future I'll get more advice from those who know, but I made my return based on Sustrans and points of interest. What I should have done was taken @ianrauk route out of Sarfend and then dropped down to the ferry at Tilbury. Then I should of have got @Trickedem route to Whitstable. However such is the folly of the inexperienced. Next time I'll start with a map and work from there rather than plotting software!
Anyway, here are the stats.
View: https://ridewithgps.com/trips/13367408
I think your route through Medway was great. We never get a chance to go through Upnor on the FNRTTC, because of time pressures, so you got to visit one of the prettiest villages in England.

Fab Foodie

GUYS!!!

Thanks, it WAS Burnham on Crouch in MARCH 2014!!!

Somehow it had been erased from my mind, but looking at photos of Burnham on 'tinternet I recognise this:

upload_2017-3-12_21-10-23.jpeg

and....

burnham-on-crouch4.jpg

So, I had been to J31 before, but had completely forgotton Burnham conflating it with Whitstable!
Apols and thanks all. I am 54 you know....

Top Bottom