Southern Tier Bicycle Route?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is the best time of the Year to ride West to East on the Southern Tier Bicycle Route??

San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL then Tampa, FL

I am looking to start in San Diego, CA to Tampa, FL on November 3, 2019 and I plan to do some small Bike Touring Trip in Southern California in 2018 and I plan to start my Bike Touring Trip On 11-3-2019 West to East from San Diego, CA to Tampa, FL and All I need is the Southern Tier Bicycle Route Maps and I am starting to save money for my Bicycle Touring Trip on the Southern Tier Bicycle Route. And I am still getting my gear and replacing my Big Agnes Encampment 15° F Sleeping bag next summer of 2018. And I will be taken the Amtrak Train from Winter Haven, FL or Orlando, Florida to Oceanside, CA. And (Note) This is my 1st Solo Bicycle Touring Trip for Homelessness awareness in the USA. And I am rerouted my Bicycle Touring Trip for Homelessness awarenesss of United States of America. and I don't want to be riding the hurricanes seasons on the
Southern Tier Bicycle Route....

I was thinking about East to West from Tampa, FL to San Diego, CA on 1-2020

My Bicycle Touring Trip on the Southern Tier Bicycle Route it maybe Solo or Two Riders from San Diego, CA to Tampa, FL
on 11-3-2019..

My Southern Tier Bicycle Route group on Facebook..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernTierRoute/

Thank you
Touring on a Bicycle
Tim
My Blog: Touring on a Bicycle https://www.facebook.com/TouringBicycleonaSurlyLHT/

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/f...ed-i-am-cycling-from-there-to-florida.226370/
Might see how it goes for this fellow. East to west may take you against the prevailing winds, but I'd research the local weather patterns before I undertook this trip.

OP
OP
Touringonabicycle
Hi @Touringonabicycle . Assuming you want to avoid midwinter and mid summer the perceived wisdom is leaving from SD in mid Feb to early April or mid Sept to late October. I am starting on Feb 27th next year. www.usacycle2018.com - happy to sell the maps to you half price once I have finished

Jay
I am buying Updated maps for the Southern Tier Bicycle Route and ACA.org has moved part of the Southern Tier Route. and I maybe going East to West from Tampa, FL to San Diego, CA on 1-2020 or 2-2020 and I am just thinking west to east

MarkF

Guru
@MarkF when you going?

I am looking at spring or autumn 2019, the former the favourite. Looking at a few routes but I'll be going E to W to meet up with some v.elderly relatives, this is the purpose of my trip.

jay clock

Massive member
I am buying Updated maps for the Southern Tier Bicycle Route and ACA.org has moved part of the Southern Tier Route. and I maybe going East to West from Tampa, FL to San Diego, CA on 1-2020 or 2-2020 and I am just thinking west to east
The version I have is the latest version and includes the change to avoid the tunnel east of Phoenix. What other changes if any are yow aware of?

Also the maps work in either direction. They have directions coming from either way

OP
OP
Touringonabicycle
You don't need a GPS device, a phone will do. But neither is essential.
Hey Jay Clock: My Smartphone is MetroPCS and I am not using my Smartphone. and I don't know if I can Afford Amtrak home back to Oceanside, CA.
and I am planning my 1st solo bike touring trip. and I am on a 3 months time limit window and I am going to be doing the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route on 6-2019 or 6-2020. and Southern Tier Bike Touring could be in my planning east to west

OP
OP
Touringonabicycle
The version I have is the latest version and includes the change to avoid the tunnel east of Phoenix. What other changes if any are yow aware of?

Also the maps work in either direction. They have directions coming from either way
I am going to ride I-10 to bypass the mtn's

jay clock

Massive member
Hey Jay Clock: My Smartphone is MetroPCS and I am not using my Smartphone. and I don't know if I can Afford Amtrak home back to Oceanside, CA.
and I am planning my 1st solo bike touring trip. and I am on a 3 months time limit window and I am going to be doing the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route on 6-2019 or 6-2020. and Southern Tier Bike Touring could be in my planning east to west
you will be fine without technology. The maps are great

OP
OP
Touringonabicycle
you will be fine without technology. The maps are great
do you know you are turn off from someone who is not using my Smartphone from MetroPCS is Prepaid and I don't money for GPS unit and mapmyride cost money to use!!!!!!!! and I am on fixed income from US gov called SSDI and SSI is $962.05 a month. and I see that you are from the UK! and I gave up my Apt/Room4Rent to be Homeless by Choice and I can not be out of California more then 3 to 4 months and like I said that I am under doctors care for mental health and People like make me sick! that you have said you will be fine without technology and you are now starting to sound like a bloody yuppie! and FYI: I don't like starbucks dring yuppies

Top Bottom