Soya Milk in coffee.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

We tend to only have soya milk at home. (We're not totally non dairy, risotto needs butter and toast needs melted cheese :smile:). It's totally fine in tea but it can seperate and curdle when used in coffee xx(.

What I don't understand is how places like Pret a manager, Costa and (shudder) Starbucks manage to do soya milk coffees without this happening. I've tried heating the soya milk, putting the milk into the cup first and trying different brands of soya and coffee beans but the problem still happens.

Anyone any ideas?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys

radger

Veteran
red_tom said:
Anyone any ideas?

A former colleague of mine had GranoVita soya milk in his coffee, and I don't remember it curdling. He used a different sort on his cereal (alpro).
This was the strongest coffee known to humanity, from a filter machine rather than instant

domtyler

Über Member
In coffee shops the soya milk is heated with steam so it doesn't curdle, Soya Latte is pretty nice actually. I use Soya milk in porridge too and it is nice. Milk has to be normal milk and I generally have full milk at home with filter coffee.

Bokonon said:
Black coffee. No sugar. Anything else is wrong.

You poor man, I bet you take cold showers too!!!!

alecstilleyedye said:
all i can say is that it's a good job that lord of the teapot ain't a moderator xx(

But I have the Tippex!!

Tippex.jpg

Bokonon

Über Member
Trembler49;156712][quote name= said:
You poor man, I bet you take cold showers too!!!!

I'm slightly richer from not wasting money on unnecessary milk and sugar. I like your thinking on the cold showers - I could be saving even more from not heating my water:biggrin:.

Danny

Legendary Member
red_tom said:
We tend to only have soya milk at home. (We're not totally non dairy, risotto needs butter and toast needs melted cheese :biggrin:). It's totally fine in tea but it can seperate and curdle when used in coffee :biggrin:.

What I don't understand is how places like Pret a manager, Costa and (shudder) Starbucks manage to do soya milk coffees without this happening. I've tried heating the soya milk, putting the milk into the cup first and trying different brands of soya and coffee beans but the problem still happens.

Anyone any ideas?

I have had bad experiences with soya milk in tea as well as coffee. I used to share a house with someone who drank soya milk and I always assumed it separated out when it was a few days old - i.e. rather like cow's milk going off.

This put me off soya milk for years, but I have to say someone recently snuck some into a cup of tea they made for me, and I didn't notice the difference.

yoyo

I have recently been advised to remove dairy products from my diet. I find soya milk is better than cows' milk in porridge and I have successfully made cheese sauce with it. Coffee and tea are black in our house - thanks to sour milk in boarding school all those years ago!

Top Bottom