How do you eat yours?

• Twirl it.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Cut it.

• Have it made by Francis Ford Coppola.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

alecstilleyedye said:
spare us the cutter…

yeah, cutting butter and all that

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Gerry Attrick said:
The Italians would be horrified at eating Bolognese sauce with spaghetti. It is traditionally eaten with tagliatelle.

spag bol is to italian cooking as chicken tikka masala is to indian, and chop suey to chinese, ie not traditional but made for english speaking markets.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
alecstilleyedye said:
spag bol is to italian cooking as chicken tikka masala is to indian, and chop suey to chinese, ie not traditional but made for english speaking markets.

Granted they don't call it "spaghetti bolognese", but when they eat ragu sauce, it is with tagliatelle. (Neither do the Bolognese people put milk in it as many anglicised recipes do.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I cut mine up with the edge of the spoon. Otherwise it goes cold very quickly. I will also do that in a restaurant. :blush: I do not like food that I have to fiddle about with. At home I use fussilli or penne.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
if we have spaghetti, it's always carbonara.

Pete

I get one end between the lips. Then I suck. And suck. And suck. And - with a satisfying SSSLLLLUUURRRRPPPPP!! the whole caboodle whisks smoothly into my mouth and vanishes, leaving a tasteful glob of congealing sauce that goes dribble, dribble, dribble down my chin. I wipe my face on my sleeve. Then I pick up another strand and repeat the process.

Remind me, the thread title was about eating spag bol, was it not?

Top Bottom